My ski's were stolen.

Other cameras is a good idea.

Specifically if they would had to take a certain road away from there and that path passes traffic cameras, houses with cameras, businesses, etc.

What about cameras near by?

That's a good idea. I'm not thinking strait. I'll call the police back and ask them if they asked other businesses if they have any.

The unit is on a main road, east or west. Knowing that would help me while scouring craigslist. God I hope this A*hole doesn't know what he has so he doesn't part it out.

If anyone sees a b-pipe go up for sale with a black chamber let me know. Also the RN pole says twin carb because I was too lazy to take that decal off, also the rrp steering system.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
How did they get into the facility and then into the unit?
Was it a facility you could just drive into without a code? No one seen them cut the lock or break in?
How did they know your skis were in there? Just sheer luck they broke into that locker and seen it, had a hitch and stole it? Or was there multiple break ins? Or were they stored outside?
I’m assuming that contract you have to store there voids them of all liability for theft??
Check for traffic cameras. Check gas stations for footage within the area. Call and report the HIN’s to states near you. Wouldn’t be suprised if they came from New York either. I have been watching recent posts in PA and haven’t seen anything. Post it in big groups on FB too including the parts.
Sorry to hear about this.

How did they get into the facility and then into the unit?
Was it a facility you could just drive into without a code? No one seen them cut the lock or break in?
How did they know your skis were in there? Just sheer luck they broke into that locker and seen it, had a hitch and stole it? Or was there multiple break ins? Or were they stored outside?
I’m assuming that contract you have to store there voids them of all liability for theft??
Check for traffic cameras. Check gas stations for footage within the area. Call and report the HIN’s to states near you. Wouldn’t be suprised if they came from New York either. I have been watching recent posts in PA and haven’t seen anything. Post it in big groups on FB too including the parts.
Sorry to hear about this.
check nearby gas stations cameras, and they must have known that the skis are in there ??? Or where other units opened too ?

Just to clarify any confusion when I say unit what I mean is 'space in parking lot'. The storage company is Storage King. There is a gate that is accessed with a 5 digit passcode. There is the lot section for trailers. People keep boats, skis, flatbeds, enclosed trailers, etc here because the actual door units wouldnt fit this stuff. My trailer is rather large at 17 ft and as wide as a trailer for a 20ft range boat. My dad and I have been keeping his boat and my skis here for 2 years no problems. There is no photo ID needed to get in the gate, just the passcode. So if you know someones code you can get in at all hours. There are no employees there after hours, in fact it turns out the guy who rented us our lot space no longer works there, and he didn't put in our account info there is now another trailer. So I found out yesterday due to this guys negligence Storage King claims they are not liable for the skis under the insurance we bought through them. Another hill to climb and another battle to fight.

@DylanS thank you for keeping a look out for me. I check marketplace and craigslist daily on a regular basis hoping for a miracle, but I'm afraid they have been parted out.

Just to clarify any confusion when I say unit what I mean is 'space in parking lot'. The storage company is Storage King. There is a gate that is accessed with a 5 digit passcode. There is the lot section for trailers. People keep boats, skis, flatbeds, enclosed trailers, etc here because the actual door units wouldnt fit this stuff. My trailer is rather large at 17 ft and as wide as a trailer for a 20ft range boat. My dad and I have been keeping his boat and my skis here for 2 years no problems. There is no photo ID needed to get in the gate, just the passcode. So if you know someones code you can get in at all hours. There are no employees there after hours, in fact it turns out the guy who rented us our lot space no longer works there, and he didn't put in our account info there is now another trailer. So I found out yesterday due to this guys negligence Storage King claims they are not liable for the skis under the insurance we bought through them. Another hill to climb and another battle to fight.

@DylanS thank you for keeping a look out for me. I check marketplace and craigslist daily on a regular basis hoping for a miracle, but I'm afraid they have been parted out.
I am not a lawyer & this is not legal advice, but I asked my sister who is a lawyer and she seems to think that they would still be liable, even if that guy no longer works there and he sucked at his job. You have proof of payment, right?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I am not a lawyer & this is not legal advice, but I asked my sister who is a lawyer and she seems to think that they would still be liable, even if that guy no longer works there and he sucked at his job. You have proof of payment, right?
What John said, If you have receipts that you are paying for the storage area, and bought insurance for your contents, then they are liable to a degree..........

What John said, If you have receipts that you are paying for the storage area, and bought insurance for your contents, then they are liable to a degree..........
I am for sure not a lawyer, either is my sister, but I think that "if" about insurance will be critical. Otherwise he needs to look at his terms of service to see if anything is said regarding theft in the storage contract. If there is nothing he'd have to rely on determining if the storage facility was somehow negligent, like broken gate, lack of cameras, other security issues, etc.

Last edited:

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Seems likely to me that it was someone who had a active code to get in or someone who uses the lot that gave the code to someone and said “hey there’s two nice skis there why don’t we steal them”. Really what’s the odds of a stranger from out of state scoping the place out and somehow getting a code and choosing your stuff specifically to steal? They most likely didn’t even leave the state. Probably going to lay low for a while unless they’re a complete tard.
For sure seek legal advice on this. They cannot deny your purchased insurance because of employee negligence regardless of if he quit or not.
I would for sure not let them off easy on the pay out.

Seems likely to me that it was someone who had a active code to get in or someone who uses the lot that gave the code to someone and said “hey there’s two nice skis there why don’t we steal them”. Really what’s the odds of a stranger from out of state scoping the place out and somehow getting a code and choosing your stuff specifically to steal? They most likely didn’t even leave the state. Probably going to lay low for a while unless they’re a complete tard.
For sure seek legal advice on this. They cannot deny your purchased insurance because of employee negligence regardless of if he quit or not.
I agree, I would threaten to sue if they don't honor their insurance policy. Often times, the threat of suing is better at holding people accountable then actually suing.

I also feel like a lot of the time when you hear stories about things being stolen like this, the thief if local, ends up figuring out being in possession of hot, super niche custom items like this is more trouble than its worth. First there's no way you can use the items or even register them, a quick rattle can paint job is super obvious, although I feel like this is always attempted. Then parting out doesn't work because again, super niche, someone is going to notice something and will be exposed. Then in the end they just want to get rid of what they stole in the first place, hopefully this is the case for you and they aren't on their way to Ukraine or something (joke).

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I have seen instances where skis were stolen and then they rode them like a rental till they ran out of gas and just left them beached , a customer of mine found another customers ski this way , riding down the river and spotted the ski beached , he tied to it and dragged it back to the ramp.

I have also had two skis Seadoos stolen from my shop years ago , neither ski ran so some dumbass picked the wrong two skis, at any rate they were never seen again.

I also feel like a lot of the time when you hear stories about things being stolen like this, the thief if local, ends up figuring out being in possession of hot, super niche custom items like this is more trouble than its worth. First there's no way you can use the items or even register them, a quick rattle can paint job is super obvious, although I feel like this is always attempted. Then parting out doesn't work because again, super niche, someone is going to notice something and will be exposed. Then in the end they just want to get rid of what they stole in the first place, hopefully this is the case for you and they aren't on their way to Ukraine or something (joke).

That's what I'm hoping for at least. No one around this area is going to go to one of two spots to launch and not be noticed. Someone's gonna either remember seeing them before, or the coast guard is gonna see the outdated sticker. They are unrideable around here. I have all my paperwork, as do the police locally...and every police department in every neighboring state.

If they actually know what they have they probably know about this site. I hope they are stupid enough to try to sell my parts here.

Parts to look out for:

White RN pole "twin carb" decal on the sides.
Blowsion strait bars 7/8ths black.
Green ODI grips, Blowsion throttle
RRP steering system
Rad Dudes hazard bracket
Stock SN pole

B-pipe, black chamber. Middle screw mismatched from other two
Jetmaniac lightened flywheel. Forget color..blue maybe?
MSD enhancer.
Coil with the grey MSD plug ends
Jetworks 718 x motor. Polished billet ADA girdled head.
Wet Jet intake with the 46mm carb
Stock SN waterbox and gas tank
Stock 701 x motor
Stock 701 exhaust

144mm setback skat mag pump
setback driveshaft
Jetworks prop "A" stamped on the hub
Bored reduction nozzle
White rideplate with green showing through
Ocean Pro Rideplate Pink

black 17ft yacht club trailer fitted for two stand ups

Top Bottom