My SXR build (on the X)

Kawi 800

06' SXR
I have a build page over at PWCToday but im starting to like the X more so i figure id post here too.

Currently my SXR has: wet pipe, flame arrestors, wet wolf cone, worx intake grate, 24/7 footholds, dual rule’s, blowsion vanity, home made limiting rope, straight bars, ODI grips, and a blowsion trim cable.

Not that much but it still has been a good ski and still gets out of the water pretty good.

My winter mods are looking to be:

TDR power spray waterbox (got)
New hydro turf (on its way)
JSU rear sponsons (ready to go on)
Set motor back 1.5 inches (waiting for the driveshaft)
X2 trim set up (ready to go on)
UMI finger throttle (on)
Weight reduction (SXR is on a diet)
Group K porting and head decking (unless anyone has a better place for me to get this work done)
10/18 large hub impeller (ready to go in)
Reinforce where needed
And anything else I can really think of and of course afford

If anyone has any insight or info for any of this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.

u want to take off 2 in, not add on a sxr...Im doin a build on my rn,but my buddy brought his sxr over so i couls rework it.By takeing 2 in off brings the lenth to a stock
superjet(est)Theres another sxr build on here u can see the steps taken to do this,not hard if u have some exp with glass.Get rid of the tray caps,cut and glass and clue ur mats down.This will lower ur sides 2 1/2 in.Get all the green glue off the bond line in the
hull,use one sheet of cloth carbon on both sides..u can find it on ebay,cheap.Thats
a start.

Kawi 800

06' SXR
Why the rear sponsons?

Got them for christmas, i thought they might help once i set my motor back, kx454 has his motor set back and his ride palte cut and it lost some handleing so thoght id give these a try.

u want to take off 2 in, not add on a sxr...Im doin a build on my rn,but my buddy brought his sxr over so i couls rework it.By takeing 2 in off brings the lenth to a stock
superjet(est)Theres another sxr build on here u can see the steps taken to do this,not hard if u have some exp with glass.Get rid of the tray caps,cut and glass and clue ur mats down.This will lower ur sides 2 1/2 in.Get all the green glue off the bond line in the
hull,use one sheet of cloth carbon on both sides..u can find it on ebay,cheap.Thats
a start.

I dont plan on adding any more weight to my ski, ive seen SXR FOREVRES thread, he cut off two inches and i must say its looking good, not in my plans for this season but i'll put some thought into it, as for the glue, thats comming off as well as swissing my bed plate, removing the ebox mount and anything else that just ads weight. My friend officer mike just picked up an 08' superjet so it should be interesting to see his build up, first time dealing with a worked superjet on Harveys Lake.

U should ride a superjet kit down,then ud think his rides like a dream..u have to get use to it, but keep it in mind,tricks will become easyier and it will only take a day to do it.

Kawi 800

06' SXR
well i was oiut woking on it today, and over the last few weeks as well, i have my motor out and everyhting else for that matter. Just emailed Kevin over at legdrag to see what he can do for me. Pulled my pump today so i can swap out my impeller, took my driveshaft to my friends welder and he is going to cut, weld and balance it for a case a beer:headbang: got a real nice wheel for my grinder that should eat that glue away and now basicly just waiting for more parts to come in and find out about porting my jugs. I do have my rail caps turfed over and footholds installed. Im also going to cut that weight off my hood, that things such a b**** to take off and on. im also peeling my stickers off for a new look:sneaky:

Attachments

• 100_1195.jpg
    100_1195.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_1207.jpg
    100_1207.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 223

wnb800

spending green
it will help man but its gay, and you kinda want it loose to make it easier to toss around.... and thanks for spilling the beans on mikes 08 SJ. Im happy for him, its about time he bought himself something new. My turf and rails are all off, HT comes tuesday and i think im headed to bobs to put those REVs in early this week. If you can sell my stock waterbox that would be good and ill pull the motor now, but otherwise im waitin for the TDR to get here. Oh and Radney got back to me about the Xmetal steering conversion and it should be out and in my possesion shortly man. Id suggest you go the xmetal route cuz there ******** is top notch :headbang:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
and thanks for spilling the beans on mikes 08 SJ. Im happy for him, its about time he bought himself something new.:

Yea i agree it is about time he treated himself to a new ski, u'll have to check it out, the bottom is pretty sweet and you know mike wont disapoint with that ski. The x-metal stuff is badass but i have something else in mind and im keeping that under wraps along with a few other mods:sneaky:

Kawi 800

06' SXR
I was out grinding glue today with my new wheel, omg its sick it eats the ******** out of the glue, thanks sxr-forever, that wheel you recomended awesome. I think i may have found the porting to do for my ski from goose (username), now with the money saved i may get an ADA haed with domes and the gridle kit.

Top Bottom