Super Jet Need advice to improve handling on SN SJ

Chris Hagest the owner of PWR is a handling guru, his sponsons have so much r and d behind them. He had has hands in designing some of the hulls that chsnged the sport. Imo, the best sponsons on the market. His sponsons are a bit longer, the rear of the sponsons flow all the way up into the underneath of the bond flange. They also have a more defined edge that gives them more of a stopping point when leaning over into a turn. The skis i have risen with his sponsons where awesome, stability was amazing. Made the ski drive through chop better, and turn harder

King Kang

Never enough tray time...
I've never ridden the Tom sponsons, but the PWR ones are made of urethane, and take about two hours to install with the SS screws they come with (not counting the 24hrs dry time for the silicone that they come with.) They are only available in matte black.

-pwr are urethane which is virtually indestructible. They are designed more with racing in mind, ie high speed stability and cornering grip/banking angle. Tom21 are free ride oriented.

Technique is key but more weight in the tray=less nose pressure. Need to get further up in the tray. Rn handle pole with a few inches cut out and -1 plate would help a ton. Or if you don't want to cut the pole you could try the new jetworks over the pivot steering. That's like -3 or 4

Last thing I will say. I was reluctant to spend hundreds on handling parts years ago and constantly thought it was my riding. After each mod, sponsons, umi steering, lowered bracket, etc i immediately thought, damn I should have done this sooner...

Last edited:
I've been playn around with my sn handling for a awhile and finally found what I feel is perfection, remember its still a sn not and 08 or sxr, blowsion tubbie 1's mounted 3mil above bottom rail, rear sponsons, -2 pole, west coast O (finned) ride plate shimmed 4mil on rear screws, mag pump with standard cone, nozzle boar at 87mm, hooker 9/15, worxs 201 intake with center channel cut. Also run stock size battery and a full tank of fuel, no extra weights. The motor in my sn is just stupid fast so it really needed some handling cause squares can get squirrelly

Last edited:
Anybody know a good source to get a RN pole? What bracket would be good? Will I need a different spring?
you'd be better off tryn to find an aluminum sn pole, fiberglass poles will eventually have issues and are heavy, keep your eyes open for good sn pole, I got my ac pole in great shape no dents with bushings for 200$ shipped

swapmeet

Brotastic
X2 on the impeller. When I ride a ski with decent power, I find that I use the power to help correct any handling issues. Obviously porpoising doesn't really change from more power. But if it starts to lay over, gun it and I can keep from falling. Gives more confidence to lean it over and carve.

I also agree with the pole length issue, although I think the RN pole conversion would be fine, assuming you can find a pole.

Concerning the intake and ride plate, that intake is really aggressive. I would think it would cause LESS porpoising, but maybe im wrong. The good news is that you can remove 4 screws and take a spin on your ski without it and see what changes.
I think your ride plate is fine. Leave it be.

My suggestions:
Prop (9/15 or 10/16 hooker)
Shorter Pole

Ride more.

Tray time is really the key, I'm 6'1" and much fatter than you. When I started riding I was looking at every aftermarket part out there to fix the porpoising, so far I've changed nothing and it's mostly gone. I can't even tell you how and when my riding style changed, it just did.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom