Need help quick! Cant figure out my problem

I rejetted the new motor and it just runs like ass.
Motor is a 62/62 dual 38s (145H, 75L) Riva head 35cc domes, B pipe mod chamber, stock porting, modded CDI for no rev limit.
Starts up the second I hit the button out of water, starts up fast in water...when I first get on it it rips my arms off but after a minute of riding it wont rev out unless the pump comes unhooked out of the water, then when revs up out of the water it hooks up and takes off like a rock.
Ive screwed with jetting and nothing seems to help. I went down to 135 mains and it ran the worst, went back to my 145's and now the piston wash is absolutely perfect from riding today. Plugs are a nice cocoa.

The ski will also sometimes almost drop off completely on a hard turn...wont die though, I just need to finger the throttle a few times.

So basicly it will only rev out if the pump comes unhooked out of the water, revs out of water, then hooks up again.

Could it be an electrical problem that could cause this? I dont understand why it needs to get unhooked to haul ass.

The bottom end sucks my nuts too but I just attributed that to the 62t cylinder.

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
Yes, an alectrical issue can cause this. My buddy had a ski that did almost exactly what you are describing and it turned out to be a broken pickup on the total loss.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I rejetted the new motor and it just runs like ass.
Motor is a 62/62 dual 38s (145H, 75L) Riva head 35cc domes, B pipe mod chamber, stock porting, modded CDI for no rev limit.
Starts up the second I hit the button out of water, starts up fast in water...when I first get on it it rips my arms off but after a minute of riding it wont rev out unless the pump comes unhooked out of the water, then when revs up out of the water it hooks up and takes off like a rock.
Ive screwed with jetting and nothing seems to help. I went down to 135 mains and it ran the worst, went back to my 145's and now the piston wash is absolutely perfect from riding today. Plugs are a nice cocoa.

The ski will also sometimes almost drop off completely on a hard turn...wont die though, I just need to finger the throttle a few times.

So basicly it will only rev out if the pump comes unhooked out of the water, revs out of water, then hooks up again.

Could it be an electrical problem that could cause this? I dont understand why it needs to get unhooked to haul ass.

The bottom end sucks my nuts too but I just attributed that to the 62t cylinder.
I have the same setup, with the limited chamber now and reccomended 70/135 jetting at 1.5 turns top and bottom. Top water screw at 4 turns, mid and bottom closed, 150 main jet in the stinger after the tee. It has great pull off the bottom, perhaps a tiny bit less than my brothers 61x cylinder but goes strong right away with no hesitation and pulls ok up top. You should try a limited chamber, the mod is more for top end.

Havent had a chance to check my reeds, I'll rip them out tomorrow and give them a look

Everything ran fine before the rejetting and the CDI mod, since jetting is ruled out im thinking maybe it's my CDI....

Anyone got an Enhancer they wanna get rid of for cheap? Or maybe even a Protec

I have the same setup, with the limited chamber now and reccomended 70/135 jetting at 1.5 turns top and bottom. Top water screw at 4 turns, mid and bottom closed, 150 main jet in the stinger after the tee. It has great pull off the bottom, perhaps a tiny bit less than my brothers 61x cylinder but goes strong right away with no hesitation and pulls ok up top. You should try a limited chamber, the mod is more for top end.

I already tried 135 mains and my ski would barely even run even with it out at 3 turns. The 145 seems to be perfect for my particular setup, maybe Lake Mead being so high above sea level? Dunno.

something similiar happened to me like this years ago couldnt work it out ended up being my stator plate had come loose and ran like ass this may not be your problem but its just a thought

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
could be bad spark plug wires arcing to the motor. I had this problem with a sea-doo last week. ran fine sometimes but when the wire touched the motor it ran like crap or stalled.

Top Bottom