need lace up ankle brace

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
where is a good place to get ankle braces? is there a better style to get? Jerry mentioned getting some that tie up and make them real tight. I sprain or jam my ankles everytime I ride but at daytona I heard a pop so now I'm thinking it's time to buy something to help protect them when I ride.

Don't forget, I'm CHEAP! :cool2:

Last edited:

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Sports Authority in Panama City has some that lace-up just like Saki was talking about, except they are black. I used them last year at the ride because I have broken both my ankles riding, one the October before the 2006 Daytona Ride.

I think they were about $30 each, but can't remember for sure.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I guess theyre black now!

p1481949reg.jpg

i'll be sporting TWO of these from now until my ankles get strong again.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1794534&cp=694035&parentPage=family

That's the ones I've got...

P

PancakePete

hook me up pete, I'd like to see what it would cost me. :hail:

When I get home tonight, I will see what discount sheets I have left.... I had 50% 25% and dealer costs... I will see whats left from the Rager !

shout me if I forget.

Shortee

Primetimes Wife!!HX Rider
Hey Tim..........you prob. don't want to hear this, but start doing some resistance training on your ankles. You can even do it sitting down. The only way to get them back strong is to keep them wrapped and build the muscle back up, so it won't happen again. I have pulled tendons before, and the pain sucks!!!!! Good luck!

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I don't mind hearing what I need to do to prevent injury. my ankles are definatly my weekpoint. I jam or sprain them everytime I ride. sometimes it's pretty intense.

Top Bottom