Custom/Hybrid New FP1 Jet ski Hull taking shape

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Hey guys just thought i would share some pics of my new ski I will be making ...mostly for the surf freeride guys over here in Australia But unless the aussie dollar comes back under the greenback i dont think it will be sold in the US.....

Anyway as you can see from the pics i wanted to make a AM hull that would be like a SJ but have the advantage that the rickters do but still use a standard lowerd AM hood.

The ski is 3 inches shorter in the front and as you can see i lifted it about the same amount, I kept a similar bottom to the 08 but raised the nose and also reduce the front flat surface near the front pin. The rail is also 1/2 and inch shorter to help strength when noseing it into the sand. The tray was widened by 3 1/2 inches by taking the hole side of the ski out from about 2/3 back from the hood seal area. I also reduced the side of the tray.

The bottom deck mould should be done in 1-2 weeks and then its off to the fiberglass guy for manufcature useing the latest Silicone vacum bag process.

i will have a first run on the water in time for our sumer and let you know how the bottom performs in the surf.. I may do a flat water version by reduceing the tray length and the bottom of the hull by 3 inches.

FP1 lifters.jpgFP1 front.jpgFP1 rear.jpgFP1 front 2.jpgFP1 stock bottom.jpgTop deck mould.jpg

Last edited:

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Yeah it has been alot of work ....maybe i should post it over in the aftermarket / custom hybrid section or ski builds ....can someone move it there for me ...moderators please :)

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Attached are some pics of the process i am doing for the flange for the mould as we use a bigger flange as we use a silicon bag and rubber seal so need a bigger flange... also just a bit of a pic of the nose, still have to glue the side rails on hence why the flang is in pices so i can remove it to do the flange then attached it again at the final stage after wet and drying the bottom plug

FP1 Flange.jpgFP1 Bottom Bog.jpgFP1 Flange 1.jpg

Hi Sharky, Mark Gomez recommended your ski! I am new to stand ups have a couch at the moment, but want to look into stand ups. What sort of price would I be looking at? Cheers

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
P1010463.jpg

Hey mate the ski is $5950 I will be coming to the US in a few months for world finals so can bring one on the plane cheaper :) thats just as it is in the pic ...can do all black as well

cheers
pete

Top Bottom