New Guy with some ???'s

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
I am looking at buying a Superjet ski.

Here is the info I have on it.

Ride plate, scoop grate, ss prop, Coffmans Rocket Pipe, duel carb 62T motor, UMI bars grips, grips locks, UMI chin pad, UMI Bars, I,m sure I have left something out.
This ski is ready to freestyle or race. It has around 95 hp. Starts right up. Top speed is mid 50's if you can hang on to get it their. The hull is a 1990 square nose. The bottom deck is the same as a 2008 hull.

I have always wanted a stand up and was drawn to the SXR skis. I really don't know much about the SJ's. He wants $2k w/ trailer.

Does this sounds like a good deal?

Also, I am a bigger guy. 250+... is this thing gonna be right for me?

Thanks alot for all the help guys.

Andrew

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
Wow! Thanks for the fast responses. Do I have alot of options with this ski?? I just basically jump big wakes at the Lake of the Ozarks in MO. I've only ridden sit downs at this point.

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
Don't know if its a good deal or not for your area but I do knwo the bottom deck is not the same as an 2008...however it is the same right though till 07.

What is the difference in the hull shapes? Is the 08 a better design or just different?

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
08 was the first redesign of the superjet hull since the ski came out. i hear it's more stable and better suited to "carve" turns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Superjet

this link will help fill you in on some superjet styles and changes over the years.

Thanks for the info! So I see the RN units have the same engine w/ different cases and run dual carbs vs. the single set up of earlier 701's.

The ski i'm looking at appears to have the RN motor. I'm assuming this is an improvement in throttle response b/c of the dual carbs. Any other advantages to having the RN motor?

Also, how difficult is painting these skis? Winters are long here in MO and I've kinda been throwing around the idea.

shady0667

Newbie but listens well
Haha.. thanks kiddioo.. I have been throwing around some ideas the last few days.. I think it's gonna get a total inside and out job

The cases are different/better than the earlier 61X cases. The cylinder is the same. Stock that ski would have come with a 650 not a 701 at all.

IF you have any paint experience you should be able to handle it. If not, now is a great time to learn! If you use the search feature on this site you will find more info. on painting.

Top Bottom