Surfriding New Hope For Seadoo?

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
I don't like the big hole in the front it looks like someone forgot to put the hood on. But as somebody who works on sea doos for a living I love the way the top deck comes off

CRJ

Hibernating
looks like a great machine, small enough for single fun and can do 2 people no problem. before this there was only the yami vxs that was "small" and new.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
If SeaDoo adapted this new tech to a standup (not a couch with a different topdeck) with the same driveline and similar dimensions to maybe a Hydrospace or SXR, they would dominate Yamaha in standup sales and really give OEMs a benchmark in the future of the standup market.
Even if it was heavier than an SJ or SXR, as long as they got the size and shape right, it would be a fun machine, especially at that price point. I would likely rather spend $5k on a heavy, four stroke Doo standup than $8500 on a new superjet as long as it wasn't an abortion like the 3D.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Dominating in standup sales: 300 per year.

Yay, I don't know why there aren't more OEM's racing to get that new standup out to dominate.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Dominating in standup sales: 300 per year.

Yay, I don't know why there aren't more OEM's racing to get that new standup out to dominate.

Add a new flavor, new tech and reduce the price 41% and I bet SeaDoo pulls in more sales than the current "standard" that Yamaha has set for the market.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
exactly what the world needs.
a new breed of ignorant couch riders that couldn't afford to do it before.

I think these bozos are there whether there's a new watercraft or not. This just means they'll be on a new watercraft instead of a 10 year old $5K watercraft. Overall, its a positive step for the industry.

Its all about the surf!
If SeaDoo adapted this new tech to a standup (not a couch with a different topdeck) with the same driveline and similar dimensions to maybe a Hydrospace or SXR, they would dominate Yamaha in standup sales and really give OEMs a benchmark in the future of the standup market.
Even if it was heavier than an SJ or SXR, as long as they got the size and shape right, it would be a fun machine, especially at that price point. I would likely rather spend $5k on a heavy, four stroke Doo standup than $8500 on a new superjet as long as it wasn't an abortion like the 3D.

I somewhat agree with this statement. Stand ups appeal to the 18-25yr old crowd, yet they're priced for the 25-30+ crowd. Any MFG who released a stand up priced appropriately would dominate sales and possibly even expand that current 300 unit per year mark to a much bigger number. How many of you 30yr old plus riders got into stand ups when you were 25 or older, when you could actually afford one? Most of us older guys who ride stand ups do it because we've done it since we were young. Kids are the future of stand ups, they are not afraid of the 2 week learning curve that's such a mountainous obstacle to the older crowd. But most kids hit a major road block with that $8500 price tag. How many of you would be in the market for a 2014 Super Jet if it was 5K out the door? I know Yamaha could still make money at that price, and even if they were only breaking even, they'd be ensuring the residual cash flow for replacement parts for years to come (where they really make their money)

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
No one cares to Dominate the standup OEM production. You can have it ALL and still lose $. The industry does not care what we here at X or the racer crew at PWC wants. Too small of a market. If they cared they would get with the best out there in hull designs for both racing and freestyle and produce 2 different hulls with very simular drive trains in them. One freestyle and one race geared. Assembly nearly the same simply a different hull. Market them accordingly. Hit the big events and sponsor some badazz riders. (like in the 90's).
Kawi or yamaha or SeaDoo could do this if there were enough potential sales. But there is NOT. Maybe if they knew how many $25000 skis sell in the world today it would open their minds. People will pay $10K to a big name co. if they were getting something marketed to what they want and they could get it fiananced.
It can be done but no one at any of these places have the drive to do it.
All the pros they hired back in the day look at it as a job and have lost interest.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
You act as if they make all their money off sales. Parts and service are a huge part of it and if a standup where to utilize the same driveline components and the hull and other peripherals cost relatively the same to produce then there is very little risk to entering the market. This modular engine design is exactly the key, the utilization across multiple platforms reduces R&D and therefore lowers the cost of production across all models that employ it.
I am not saying that I think the desire to dominate the standup market should exist in their business goals, rather to diversify their product line and customer base. I also do not work for seadoo or any other OEM and am just speaking hypothetically.

Last edited:
these are going to sell soo fast, that price point is nuts. i like how the focus is on making a smaller production ski and not a 14ft jetjon

I'm not no environmental nutcase but the fact that its recyclable is astonishing, perhaps some of the plastic parts are recycled thus lower cost to produce those pieces. Good job seadoo

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
i sure as FAWK wish yamaha had a removable top piece to work on their damn couches. remove EVERYTHING bolted to the engine to remove it. very innovative on SEADONTS part. looked like it had some get up with one person on it.

tom21

havin fun
I'm not no environmental nutcase but the fact that its recyclable is astonishing, perhaps some of the plastic parts are recycled thus lower cost to produce those pieces. Good job seadoo

I thought all the supercharged seadoos were recyclable? blow the motor, take it to the scrap yard, buy new ski. isnt that recycling? lol

This was a very smart move on Seadoo's part. The specs aren't all that great in comparison to their other current models, but at that price its comparing apples and oranges.

I wonder if any of the other manufacturers will try to compete?

I thought all the supercharged seadoos were recyclable? blow the motor, take it to the scrap yard, buy new ski. isnt that recycling? lol

Never had one, heard that's the way it goes though lol. Ill def have on of these sparks in my arsenal soon tho

Top Bottom