Surfriding new hull

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
all I see is a couch????? oh, now I see it, The nose is even uglier than a rok, David Haslehauf may like it, Looks like Night Rider LOL.

Prolly before your time Chris LOL.

Last edited:
A Rickter, Matrix, and Rok appear to have had a threesome and produced this. I think it looks cool but can't understand why everybody is building these boats with no front bumper/spray shield. The spray in your face is no fun.

Peter123

C-Note
$10 says Kraqus is the person smart enough to post a picture to save us the time of having to go to that link and wait for the gif to scroll to it.

Last edited:
I scanned the about us section, what i absorbed is.. The carbon/kevalr (flatwater version) weighs under 20 kgs (42lb)

Hamad

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
upper lines of the hood looks identical to a matrix........... The shape of the nose looks like a Matrix. The pole mount is farther forward....... Rest of the lines look like a Matrix.

There is a White Matrix over there also..................

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I see what you did there. And I agree, "someone" should paypal you ten bucks as token of their appreciation.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
upper lines of the hood looks identical to a matrix........... The shape of the nose looks like a Matrix. The pole mount is farther forward....... Rest of the lines look like a Matrix.

There is a White Matrix over there also..................

and they live across the country from each other, nick wouldnt do that nor would luke the owner allow that. dont insinuate bs.

heres an article comparing it to other hulls;

I was compelled to respond your ill informed and libellous comments regarding our latest freestyle hull, the Krashindustries JB 1 and in reference to your assertion that it is a cheap imitation of the Rickter I make the following points.

1. The hull in your photo was a pre release spy pic of the development plug (for those that don't know a plug is the part you develop to produce your production moulds).

2. The JB1 was designed, developed, and built by one of the world’s leading freestylers Nick Barton in the powerful Australian Southern Ocean - serious surf not wind slop!

3. Given who designed the JB1 and where he rides it why would we copy the Rickter, so let’s look at why the JB1 so different.

i) the bottom curve or rocker was developed and tested over the last 2 years in conjunction with a leading Victorian shaper and is designed to enable the rider to crank the tightest turns possible in both flat water and surf up to 4 metres - measured at the back of the wave! An integral part of the hull's rocker is the addition of bow, side sponsons which add an inverted side wall angle which is the secret behind the JB1's incredible stability and manoeuvrability.

ii) the introduction of water into the pump has been designed to increase the flow rate and pump volume. This means the hull hooks up quicker and significantly reduces cavitation in aerated or white water.

iii) the length of the transom has been shortened by 50mm compared to the Superjet and Rickter which are identical which means the standard nozzle becomes more effective and the hull is more responsive when flipping and rolling. The overall length of the JB 1 is 2.0M while the richter is around 2.1M

iv) the tray is 50mm wider than the Superjet all the way to the firewall; the Richter is stepped before the firewall

v) the hood has an inner skirt all the way around the engine bay which makes it virtually impossible for the hood to be dislodged when landings don't go as planned.

vi) the pole position is set slightly back from the nose in order to maximise the relationship between manoeuvrability and tricking.

vii) the layup schedule, that is the types and qualities of materials that are used to produce the finished product have been developed in conjunction with FGI - Fibre Glass Internationals leading composite engineer to produce a hull that is both strong and meets Nicks target weight for surf style freestyle of 45kgs. The Rickter is some 10 kgs heavier at around 55kgs. Unlike the Rickter we use a combination of the latest woven materials including double bias and bi-axle all of which have been proven to greatly increase the strength of composites which are used in extreme conditions.

And finally we do agree that in some aspects the JB1 might look a little like a Rickter. However given that both the JB1 and Richter and for that matter most other aftermarket hulls are based on Yamaha's Superjet it is little wonder that you can find similarities of appearance, but with the JB1 and Richter that is where the likeness ends.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
and they live across the country from each other, nick wouldnt do that nor would luke the owner allow that. dont insinuate bs.

Not insinuating any BS. I am just stating my opinion. As new builders come out with new hulls, they look at the competition. If you have one of the competitors hulls handy you look at how it is construction and you go from there. There is only so may variations of the same thing..... Because of this there will be parts that look the same. Are they a splash??? Who knows. This hull is different in that its pole mount area is farther forward. That alone will make the hull handle completely different.

How many different designs are there of the Intake Grate?
How many different designs are there of Ride Plates?
How many different designs are there of hoods?
How many different designs are there of hulls. Classic design of the SJ vs The current trend?

At some point, the more option the more your going to have parts that look like another.

So, if you feel my opinion is just BS then that is your perogitive.

But tell me, what hull does it resemble the most???

Imitation is the best form of flattery.........

Its all about the surf!
A Rickter, Matrix, and Rok appear to have had a threesome and produced this. I think it looks cool but can't understand why everybody is building these boats with no front bumper/spray shield. The spray in your face is no fun.

They may be cool guys but I'm going to have to agree with Chad, that thing looks like a RN, Matrix combo with the Rickter no front bumper, and I still haven't heard anyone come up with an explanation on how the no nose/bond line is an advantage on a surf boat

SJ Thumpa

SJ THUMPA

What bought about that article? Any links?

Any independent reports. 42lb flat to 45kg surf? Any variatiions in design between the two?

Give the company a chance. Could be the best Hull ever? If it is, who cares about similarities? How are the comparitive hulls going?

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
I wanna ride one, hell I want one thats just my style. I think I "need" one.. ya now I can justify it, besides its looks sick. Kinda agree on the matrix look but this is a fresh combination of alot of impressive traits we see in the AM hulls today. I can't wait to see this thing is action and hear how its working. Sounds like Nick has been thrashing on it and if anyone can ride one he would be a good jet pilot.

Check out ozfreeride.com there is a few threads on the boat there. I was at their factory on Friday arvo and there's a few coming of the line and yeh they do look quite gnarly. Super short.

Top Bottom