New NOCO Lithium Batteries

This intrigued me as I like having options, and Weize is somewhat reputable for a Chinese brand (at least in the RV/offgrid/solar arena). I like the 10AH capacity for total loss, but the size 30 has too large a footprint for the 550 hull's battery tray.

It says waterproof on Amazon, but not directly on the Weize website. I reached out to them asked about any waterproof rating for use in PWC:
Thank you for your reaching out.
You can use the battery in a personal watercraft.
But plese do not immerse the entire battery in water.
If there is any further assistance you need,please contact us again.
I followed up specifically asking if it carries any IP water rating.
Sorry that it does not have IP water rating.
But the working humidness is 0%-90% RH
Any other questions,please contact us again.
For what it's worth.

I might try one in the Jetmate though, when it needs a new battery.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have an all new found respect for the NOCO 14. It all started out over a year ago as a test for the Zeel Y62t cdi and see how it worked with Lithium. As there were reported issues I needed to debunk. (No issues ever arose in my testing) two weeks ago while surf riding, had a flip go bad, hood dislodged and down to visit Davey Jones I went. Up on the Beach, the dewatering began.( TPE 1021) thru out the entire process, the 14 never gave up. Had to do a full fuel system dewater & clean, yada yada yada. Longer than a typical cleanup. The 14 stayed strong!
even after a Full Saltwater Submersion and 10-15 minutes Under. Never shorted or quit. I was honestly very surprised.
say what you will, it earned my respect.

P
Update on this post from a couple months ago. After This incident, The battery lasted a little over a month before it stopped holding a charge. I tried to balance the cells.
Still no good. Contacted NOCO, They requested it back. I sent with the warranty claim form. Received a New replacement in a little over 2 weeks.
From what I know about lithium batteries, if you fully discharge them like I did, that's where the damage happens. I feel I probably caused this issue in the dewatering process.
However, NOCO honored their warranty. +1 for Noco........... I purchased another 14 while I was waiting, and have the replacement, still in package as a spare.
Have been recommending the NOCO brand to clients.

P

Will Prowse does a lot of videos on batteries/inverters/solar in the offgrid world. He load tests a bunch of batteries in a recent video, including the Noco batteries surprisingly.

I'm pretty impressed by the amount of current they produce. Noco at around the 9:00 mark.

holygoat

Site Supporter
I've been running an NLP14 for about two months now in freshwater. Excellent battery. I have never once even thought about it since I installed it. I just press the button and it spins the motor with ease, every time. Granted it is just a 701 but it's nice to be consistent, light, and well packaged.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I neglected my battery all winter and didn't keep it on a tender. Not sure if that matters for lithiums, but I know if I don't keep my AGMs tendered or charged during the off season they'll be trashed. Noco charged right up and is perfect...

Top Bottom