New PWC "mechanic" what are the MUST HAVE tools?

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
And electricians rarely use electrical tape and hvac people dont use duct tape. Go figure? They should start making carpenters tape:smile:

Speaking of duct tape---that gets used alot during jetski racing and freeriding.

I actually saw a wallet for sale in a convenience store that was made out of duct tape. :dunno: :18: :261:

Mike W

Infidel
-An air compressor is a must especially if you are doing glass work or sanding.
-1/4" drive air ratchet is handy for the tight confined spaces.
-It was already mentioned but a good torque wrence is a must.
-If you own a seadoo there are are a few specialty tools you will need such as a pump alignment tool. just one more reason not to own one.

Keith

Landlocked
I am going to have to take a picture of some of the tools that I have made my self for working on my ski. Flywheel holder...... allen sockets...........

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Speaking of duct tape---that gets used alot during jetski racing and freeriding.

I actually saw a wallet for sale in a convenience store that was made out of duct tape. :dunno: :18: :261:

My son made me a duct tape wallet for Xmas, with slots for credit cards, pictures, the whole deal. My wife got me a 'Git er dun' hat....this, along with the fact that I shoot a compound bow and drive a red pickup truck has started to worry me.....

BombThreat

'Diggity
Thanks again for the help guys. So far these are what the MUST HAVEs are:

Hand Tools
  • Metric/SAE socket set
    check.gif
  • Visegrips
    check.gif
  • Strapwrench
    check.gif
  • Ft. Lbs & In. Lbs Torque wrenchs
    check.gif
  • Prybar
    check.gif
  • Open end ratchet wrenches in Metric
  • 3 different sized flatheads and phillips
    check.gif
  • rivet gun
    check.gif
  • rotatory ratchet 3/8 and 1/4"
  • hole cutting bits
Air Tools
  • air compressor
    check.gif
  • 1/4" drive air ratchet
  • impact driver
    check.gif
Power Tools
  • heat gun
    check.gif
  • Dremal
    check.gif
  • soldering iron
    check.gif
Specialty Tools
  • popoff gauge
  • shop press
    check.gif
  • telescoping magnet
    check.gif
  • Flex claw grapper tool
  • impeller tools
  • coupler tool
  • MSD crimping tool
  • BEER
    check.gif
    check.gif
    check.gif
Misc Supplies
  • Duct tape
    check.gif
  • 3M 5200 Fast Cure
  • Blue and red Loctite
  • Marine Grease
  • Anti-seize compound
  • Plumbers epoxy
  • bunch of zip ties
    check.gif

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
Nobody has mentioned that you need a real thin wrench for the B-pipe manifold because a regular one won't fit in the space provided.
I ground one down a bit and custom shaped it to work mint :biggthumpup:

You can see how thin the b pipe wrench is compared to a regular wrench

Attachments

• misc parts 025.jpg
    misc parts 025.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 24
  • misc parts 026.jpg
    misc parts 026.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 21

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
If your going to do any High Performance engine work, and want to know what your doing, you WILL need a dial indicator for piston height and a timing light to verify timing degrees on any motors you build!
Chuck"SUPERTUNE"Quenzler III
TEAM SCREAM RACING
1988 Carroll St.
Clearwater, Fl. 33765
(727)442-7700

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
My son made me a duct tape wallet for Xmas, with slots for credit cards, pictures, the whole deal. My wife got me a 'Git er dun' hat....this, along with the fact that I shoot a compound bow and drive a red pickup truck has started to worry me.....

Yep I saw all of the things above listed on the (You might be a redneck if ) list.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap

Well, now---it's cool if your kid makes it for you, but this one was selling for 6.99 or something like that. It had all the credit card slots, etc. I think it was called the "Gorilla" wallet and they bragged on the fact that it was made entirely of "real" duct tape. :haha:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
One of the companies offers money for people to come up with new uses for duct tape.I saw a special where this girl made her prom dress out of duct tape and they paid her like $300.00 to wear it to the prom.

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
i know 1/4 drive rachet has been mentioned, however a good, comple 1/4" set of sockets, extentions, etc are probably the most used in my box.. add to that 1/4" drive metric allen sockets. also if you ride in the salt, got to have a propane torch and pb blaster for the stubborn bolts.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
I wouldnt say that, I have a pair of 3/8 1/4 and 1/2 craftsmens that are about 20-25 years old...

Top Bottom