New PWC "mechanic" what are the MUST HAVE tools?

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Going through Watcon's online catalog is like going through the Sears Christmas catalog back in the day.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

The other Alex

(Jetdude)
The telescoping magnet is nice to have, I drop sockets all of the time and would never see them again if it werent for the magnet. I've even dropped sockets in about four feet of water while working on the boat and use the telescopic magnet to fish it off the bottom. I also have the mirrors that attatch to the end, they are great to check out those bolts in low places like the bottom of the exhaust manifold, they are a life saver on the kawi 550 manifold trying to spot all those bolts when you are taking it off.
I also use socket drivers quite a bit, they are easy when you are doing s nut in the open, like the ones on odyssy batteries, instead digging for the socket and a wrench you just pop the nut driver on there, quick and easy.

Shop lights are good to have, the long ones with hooks on the end so you can hang them on the inside of the ski. Mine is flaurecent protected in hard plastic with rubber on the ends, you can chuck it across the room and it won't break.

Other stuff I keep around, not just in the garage but with me when I go to the lake...
Fogging oil
LOTS of WD40, I have gallons of it.
Ether/Starting Fluid
Mystery oil
Silicone lubricant
I always have some sort of two part epoxy in addition to that plumbers clay I was talking about, acetone, fiberglass and resin, DAP weldwood the flammable kind, it works for everything, not just turf!
Lots of razor blades, and as someone mentioned taps and dies to clean up those bolts from all that loctite that you used...

Top Bottom