New Rickter RC-1

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
In theory, I love the sounds of this but the pics have me scratching my head a bit. The steering seems really low compared to the B1 which, IMO, is already too low stock. I don't know how you'd get into any type of a freeride type stance (ie standing) and comfortably grab the bars. Yes, the pole pivots, but raising it up also means it moves forward and it seems pretty far forward already as well.

I would really like to see a side view of a full sized person riding this standing up (and for that matter how about some vids of it rolling from the originator of the trick). In the mean time, I made this due to my own curiosity so I thought I'd post it. Obviously, the scaling is only estimated, but it looks like as configured the steering is around 8" lower or 5" forward from that of a stock blaster. The seat is around 1.5" shorter and 6.5" further back. It also seems a few inches shorter overall. The green shows the motion of the pole.

Attachments

• b1 vs rc1.jpg
    b1 vs rc1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
the pole on this makes no sense...I think I'd like it better if they just made it a mini-blaster

seems the only reason that ski has has a pole is that rick roy makes a pole lol...

Why do fixed steering when you can throw a $1,000 pole setup on there? :biggrin:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
It does make it simpler to have a pole for them. They don't have to engineer a new steering system, it can use existing parts, and the 'seat' can come completely off the ski to work on it instead of having to hinge forward.

wow...reason y the big 3 dont build them is there isnt a market youre average rider has 3 kids a dog and 6 tow toys , theyd rather have a sofa with a sat nav a depth finder and a drinks cooler ...wheres the danger gone bring back a B1 with balls

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Looks like it would be hard as hell to mount from the back. Couches at least have some width to them to stabilize them while you climb up.

This looks nearly impossible to reach the throttle without actually being up on it. Maybe looks are deceiving?

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Looks like it would be hard as hell to mount from the back. Couches at least have some width to them to stabilize them while you climb up.

This looks nearly impossible to reach the throttle without actually being up on it. Maybe looks are deceiving?

there's nothing wrong with learning to side mount.

it sits really low in the water at the stern compared to the blaster. i agree with superJETT, it looks like the pole is only there for mechanical simplicity. i don't see how anyone over 5'5" or so could actually use it standing up with the pole so far forward...i still wanna ride it though.

lucke

LuckeB1-Kenobi
looks like a blaster for midgets hehehe im 6'2" and it likes like it would be a backbreaker. but i would sure try to break something on it!!!

That thing is the sickest pwc I've layed eyes on. I wish there were more people making smaller radical designs.

How about one of the big 3 , scratch that , yamaha or kawi sell just a small crazy hull design like this with no powerplant to get around the EPA crap? Then you could build its power per your walet size.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I heard from one of Rick Roys mechanics that he back flipped it off a boat wake today...So it must be agile enough for surf airial(sp) manuvers..
Sorry no video!

Last edited:
Top Bottom