Surfriding NEW - SURF SEAL - Superjet/Blaster hood seal!

Getting a few questions about it fitting the Square Nose hoods...

Yes it will fit, BUT the hood needs to be modified. I had an old hood laying around that I modifies and snapped a couple pics of it. Because of the way the lip merges with the front of the hood, the sides need to be cut out so the seal can be installed properly.

I did this one really quick with a grinder. I went about a 1/4" too deep but you get the idea.

I have tested this seal on the RN and I know it works, but I have NOT run it on the SN yet so I guess I need to find someone who is willing to try out this mod and seal and then give me some feedback before i sell them for the SN.

If your interested in testing it, PM me.

Attachments

• 1sn.jpg
    1sn.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 2sn.jpg
    2sn.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 3sn.jpg
    3sn.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 4sn.jpg
    4sn.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Think I have a tester for the SN hood seal, so I should have some feedback on that one sometime soon I hope.

In the mean time, if some of you that have the aftermarket hoods that have been asking about the seal, please post a couple pics up here so I can see the underside of them.

Thanx-

Here are pics of my Superfreak hood, lip measures 7/16" from hood edge to liner. The lip is thicker than a stock hood and maybe a little over 1/8th" . Do you think with these measurements it will fit ? Would I have to trim 1/16" off because you say it needs at least 1/2" of lip to slide on properly ?

Attachments

• 1327241692238 (2).jpg
    1327241692238 (2).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 1327241624872 (2).jpg
    1327241624872 (2).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1327241677899 (2).jpg
    1327241677899 (2).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Here are pics of my Superfreak hood, lip measures 7/16" from hood edge to liner. The lip is thicker than a stock hood and maybe a little over 1/8th" . Do you think with these measurements it will fit ? Would I have to trim 1/16" off because you say it needs at least 1/2" of lip to slide on properly ?

I have one of these hood seals and it looks very nice and solid. I should have a superfreak hull in the next few weeks if you want to wait and see how it fits mine first, I'll let ya know?

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have one of these hood seals and it looks very nice and solid. I should have a superfreak hull in the next few weeks if you want to wait and see how it fits mine first, I'll let ya know?

Please do let us know. I have a new freak and I want to know.

Top Bottom