New to Portland, OR Area

where can you ride on the coast in Oregon. The only place I have been told is in Pacific City. Anything up around Seaside, Tilamook, etc?

Last edited:
Pacific City, Tierra del Mar actually is the most common spot. Start there. I'll be there this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, considering seriously, a move to the Vancouver area. Portland metro really and while I dont have a ski, one of the first things I will be getting myself with the move is a ski. I see the spots to ski in the thread, but I am wondering where do you all LOCALLY ski? Is the columbia a no go??

I grew up in the Tri-Cities, and have family and friends in the Portland/Vancouver area. I have been back many many many times to fish below the Bonnie, I mean if you don't wanna run 2 hrs to the surf because you wanna just get a two hr ride in after work where would you go?

Thanks

Hey guys, considering seriously, a move to the Vancouver area. Portland metro really and while I dont have a ski, one of the first things I will be getting myself with the move is a ski. I see the spots to ski in the thread, but I am wondering where do you all LOCALLY ski? Is the columbia a no go??

I grew up in the Tri-Cities, and have family and friends in the Portland/Vancouver area. I have been back many many many times to fish below the Bonnie, I mean if you don't wanna run 2 hrs to the surf because you wanna just get a two hr ride in after work where would you go?

Thanks
You can definitely ride in the river if you want. I've only been to the ramp on the Oregon side on 223rd called Chinook landing. I've went there a few times when I first moved here, but the surf is where it's at. Haven't been back to the river since.

You can definitely ride in the river if you want. I've only been to the ramp on the Oregon side on 223rd called Chinook landing. I've went there a few times when I first moved here, but the surf is where it's at. Haven't been back to the river since.

OK, I usually, when visiting fish out of Beacon Rock on the Washington side or if I am on the Oregon side we essentially go directly across to the Fishery Inc ramp.

I could see some "breakwater" skiing at Beacon Rock but Fishery is a NO GO...ramp puts you right in the main stem of the river.

What is Lake Osewago (sp) like, anyone flat water or goof off on that?

OK, I usually, when visiting fish out of Beacon Rock on the Washington side or if I am on the Oregon side we essentially go directly across to the Fishery Inc ramp.

I could see some "breakwater" skiing at Beacon Rock but Fishery is a NO GO...ramp puts you right in the main stem of the river.

What is Lake Osewago (sp) like, anyone flat water or goof off on that?
I know there's a riding group at meldrum bar, I think they have a Facebook group, I've never ridden there. I have ridden at Rogers landing in Newberg, that's where I go if I need to water test something. It's nice there, a lot of wakeboard boats.

I have been on the Willamette a few times. Last weekend I did a test and tune on my superchicken at Meldrum Bar Park. There was alot of standup riders there. I have also dropped in at Cedaroak ramp.

Rileym21,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya about the surf trip. Work and family has been crazy. I get about an hour or two to ride the last few weeks so I just make a quick trip to the river. Something is better than nothing.

Rileym21,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya about the surf trip. Work and family has been crazy. I get about an hour or two to ride the last few weeks so I just make a quick trip to the river. Something is better than nothing.

No worries, I'll be at Pacific city this weekend again. Hit me up when you're ready.

Hey guys,

I am movin to PNW.. considering Hillsboro or Milwaukie.. Hoping to find some fellow riders to do some weekend trips with. I drove by Meldrum Bar ramp looks pretty solid there. Any other areas where boats go?

Hey guys,

I am movin to PNW.. considering Hillsboro or Milwaukie.. Hoping to find some fellow riders to do some weekend trips with. I drove by Meldrum Bar ramp looks pretty solid there. Any other areas where boats go?
I live in Hillsboro, are you wanting to ride surf? I don't really ride in the river. There's a nice river spot in Newberg.

where can you ride on the coast in Oregon. The only place I have been told is in Pacific City. Anything up around Seaside, Tilamook, etc?
Gearheart has vehicle beach access...Del Ray Beach and Sunset Beach off hwy 101 just north of seaside a couple miles...I don't think anyone goes there much but it would be a good place to go if the surf is too big for some people at pac city...it is generally smaller surf there, so maybe a winter time spot to go...Also cullaby lake across hwy 101 from sunset beach is a fresh water motorized allowed lake you can flush out if you want..
i live near riley and stu also...Beaverton...

Top Bottom