SX/SXi/SXi Pro New to the Ski world...need some help w/ 300sx!

Hey everyone! i recntly bought a 1990 Kawasaki sx 300 two stroke...
it idles fine and everything but when i rev the engine up it will rev for about 5 to 10 seconds and then suddenly dies. as if it gets fuel one stroke and then no fuel the next stroke...The pump is pumping the fuel, spark is good, compression is good (120psi), fuel is new...i cleaned the carb (it was clean anyway)

Now i'm at a complete los...any ideas????

Thanks in advance!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
dumpster.jpg
:moon:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Jokes aside what XZYfnPervert should have told you was to unplug the stop portion of the start stop switch to make sure its not grounding out the circuit,then check your stop switch relay to make sure it is working properly.Check those two things first and if you need any more help feel free to contact me,if you just need smart ass comments contact Steve he's full of them.

My guess is that your high speed jet is clogged, or your needle and seat is not opening. Try disassembling and cleaning your carburetor. I replaced the tiny carb on my 300SX with a 38mm carb (from a Polaris I think).

Aaron

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
i thought so but i wasn't sure haha thanks!!
It's so cute when they have 8 posts and start getting the idea of what the heck they have wandered into coming here. These guys don't save the drama for their mama! Welcome aboard just watch out for the sharks.

Also a 300 sx won't work very well unless you weigh under let's say 160 pounds.

Crab,
Maybe a recycle bin would have been more PC. Think green then go riding burning up gallons per hour!

This video sums up online forums with some humor:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom