New total loss ignition?

I used to go to Greg. Took my ski to him a few times to have it tank tuned and it still sucked when I got it to the water. One too many bad experiences there led me to learn alllllll of this and how to fix and tune my own ski. There are a lot of people I would recommend before him...

Are you north or south of HB?

I would recommend you send all your electronics to John at Jetski Solutions and let him sort it out waaaaay before taking your whole ski down to CJS.
I started a tread on here asking for recommendations on mechanics in Northern LA and Ventura County. I live in Ventura. The only two mechanics anyone mentioned were Art and Greg. I spoke to Art at length and often. He is very apprehensive about me bringing in my ski to him with the parts because he has had bad experiences with used stuff that people bring in. I've called at least 6 other shops and no one wants anything to do with a TL ski. Hard to believe that in all of SoCal there are only two people that can work on a TL ski. You mentioned you would go to several others before Greg. Who and where are they?
Art recommended the 04 or later SXR ignition. I have a "wanted" post on here and two other forums that I posted 3 weeks ago for a complete SRX ignition and not one reply. I've looked on EBay as well. Nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started a tread on here asking for recommendations on mechanics in Northern LA and Ventura County. I live in Ventura. The only two mechanics anyone mentioned were Art and Greg. I spoke to Art at length and often. He is very apprehensive about me bringing in my ski to him with the parts because he has had bad experiences with used stuff that people bring in. I've called at least 6 other shops and no one wants anything to do with a TL ski. Hard to believe that in all of SoCal there are only two people that can work on a TL ski. You mentioned you would go to several others before Greg. Who and where are they?
Art recommended the 04 or later SXR ignition. I have a "wanted" post on here and two other forums that I posted 3 weeks ago for a complete SRX ignition and not one reply. I've looked on EBay as well. Nothing.

You do not need to take your entire ski anywhere. There is nothing magical about a ski with a total loss system. I could understand someone not wanting to try and make it work, but to remove and replace the components is not difficult at all. It would be REALLY easy to unbolt your stator and ebox and send them to John at Jetski Solutions-- he specializes in cleaning up electronics. All you would have to do when you got it back is bolt the two back on, plug in the wiring harnesses and go-- it doesn't get much easier. Get a better CDI, post a WTB ad on PWC Today (more kawi stuff there), put all your poop in a box and tell him you need a stator and ebox that will work together. I know I have mentioned this-- but his coil wire upgrade is absolutely worth it. You cannot go wrong sending your stuff to him.

The 04+ CDI box is ok, though I have heard they burn out more than the pre '04 because of the level of voltage going through the tiny pin harness that kawi used. I hardly ever see a bad pre '04 CDIs unless someone jumped their battery terminals or something.

I have a CDI out of a '95 ZXi that will work with your ski as well-- #3739. PM me if you want it.

I do pretty much everything myself except machine work, but in the rare occasion I do have other things done, I don't limit myself to local shops.

If I were to have a motor ported, Tim at Z-Force Racing would be my pick. Dude has built and tested tons and tons of race boats and really knows his stuff.
Art at Jetworks is very good, but I have taken my ski there a few times to have it tuned at it still ran poorly when I got it back. I have since learned to tune them myself.
Vey's Motorsports is good-- he ported a cylinder for me a few years ago before I knew Tim at Z-Force. Vey is in San Diego and his shop does good work
Chris Newmiller of Newmiller Machine in OR does all of my machine work-- no one pays closer attention to the details and getting stuff right.
There is also TBM, Kommander Ind who are both known for doing good work.

Greg mostly works on rec boats these days. I suppose he would be ok for what you want done, but definitely not my first choice. The copper in the plug wires in that old ass stock coil you have are probably practically dust right now-- those suckers need to come out, and John at JSS does a great job with them.

I have a 98 750SXI Pro. I bought it with lots of after market parts that were state of the art in 98. It has that era MSD TL. The ski runs terrible. I've addressed all fuel issues. I want to replace the TL. Thinking of going to Advent. They build them for 800 SXR's. The guy at advent says it will work on mine. He is just not sure about the flywheel and the pickup. Do I need to change the flywheel? What do you think of going to the Advent system? What else will I need beyond the box? The guy at Advent couldn't give me a definite answer because it was a 750 not an SXR. I want to know for sure what I need so I can buy it, take everything to a shop, have them install its and not come back and tell me I bought the wrong part or I need additional stuff or its not going to work or not compatible. Thanks for your help.

Wanted analog total loss

Top Bottom