New Waterdawg Footholds

BossBailey said:
By the way, I wear a size 12 and the front of my foot does not reach the cutout I made for the exhaust. So, it will not affect the feel of the holds in my case. That is how long these holds are.

WOW if these things are that big then I won't be able to use them at all. I wear a 8.5 and my foot is pretty skinny also. so If your 12 won't reach then they might look like mickey mouse boots with my feet in there. I will check it out when they get here.

About cutting them to make them deeper I mean that I want the side of my foot to be almost at the outside of the ski so I was going to cut the entire hold area out and set them out further and glass them in so the foot hold is actually inside the side of the ski instead of mounted to it. Ummm. make any sense kinda hard to explain in a post.

F

Freestyleriverrat

speedfreak said:
WOW if these things are that big then I won't be able to use them at all. I wear a 8.5 and my foot is pretty skinny also. so If your 12 won't reach then they might look like mickey mouse boots with my feet in there. I will check it out when they get here.

About cutting them to make them deeper I mean that I want the side of my foot to be almost at the outside of the ski so I was going to cut the entire hold area out and set them out further and glass them in so the foot hold is actually inside the side of the ski instead of mounted to it. Ummm. make any sense kinda hard to explain in a post.

The nice thing about them is there is pleanty of room to add foam so you can custom taylor the holds to your foot. I have one layer of foam on the top of the hold and 2 on the bottom............try doing that with cyclones. I wear a size 10 1/2 and had to take the turf off the top of my cyclones to wedge my foot in there (when I wear my shoes). These do go almost to the side of the ski but for good reason, when the ankles are recessed like they are the foot cavity needs to be deeper to wrap around the top of your foot and keep the foot facing forward. If it was not like that your toes would be pointed in......that would just be goofy. Anouther good thing is they do not protrude into the tray like the XFT holds and others, so you gain mobility and have a wider stance.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
How do you foam the inside of the holds, you just spray some great stuff on there and glass it over? BTW, is there any way to avoid the exhaust, I wear a size 13 1/2 and have no ankles, so I need all the room I can get.

I use great stuff but it will over expand you have to go real slow and just put a little in and wait a while and do another small squirt. The great stuff will expand enough to blow the foot hold right out of the ski..... TRUST ME on that one...

Othes will say not to use it but I installed my 24-7 holds with it 5 years ago and when I took it out I actually brokt the foot hold because the foam was holding it.

Plus the foam won't hold water like the original foam does the water runs right through the Great Stuff so it won't soak it up and hold it...

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
Your supposed to put the holds in first and then drill a small hole and pour 2 part foam in the hole to fill the cavity completely .

You'll never fill it all the way using not so great stuff .To do a pro job use 2 part foam and do it after foothold install .Lots of guys use great stuff but I dont trust it when the pro's use 2 part expanding foam .
Ask Paul @ Jr Magoos if he ever used great stuff or if Blowsion ever used it .I think not

Also use under padding on the turf too it helps a great deal .
Use the 25 mm for the bottom of the tray area and 8mm for the holds and sider of the tray

F

Freestyleriverrat

hangtime said:
Your supposed to put the holds in first and then drill a small hole and pour 2 part foam in the hole to fill the cavity completely .

You'll never fill it all the way using not so great stuff .To do a pro job use 2 part foam and do it after foothold install .Lots of guys use great stuff but I dont trust it when the pro's use 2 part expanding foam .
Ask Paul @ Jr Magoos if he ever used great stuff or if Blowsion ever used it .I think not

It works fine for just filling in small voids. He is not gutting the back of the ski. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. It adds support to the hold and as far as absorbing water........do the job right and you won't have any water absorption problems b/c it won't get in there in the first place. It is not worth dumping the $$ on or hastling with 2 part unless your are refoaming the ski.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Riverrat on the foam part but if you saw how hard it was to get my old 24-7 footholds out you would give the can stuff a 2nd thought about it's strength. Anyhow this post was to show the 24-7 holds campared to the new waterdog holds.

I was pretty skeptical at first I opened the box and looked at them put them back in the box and was going to send them back tomorrow. but after I got to the shop I measured a few things and figured what the hell I have thrown money away before. I could always sell them later If I wanted. I started cutting and fitting them in there untill they sit as far in there as possible another 1/4 an inch you could just glue them to the outside of the ski. That is why they are square on the outside because they pretty well touch. After getting them in there and cutting both the ski apart and the foothold down to fit. (they are universal the way they are made) I jumped up there and WOW that is what I have been looking for for years. I have been wanting a foothold that places your ankle out further not just your foot or rather your toe. And this is it.

Here are a few pictures the left foot is the Waterdog and the right foot is the 24-7 (2002) bindings. The 24-7's are about 5 years old so their new design is much more comfortable than the old set that I have and more secure at holding you in.

The footholds feel pretty loose but but you can't put the 25mm padding under the 24-7 holds or the 8mm on top they are too tight for shoes(which I always wear) These will have enough room for the 8 on top and bottom with the turf so when you get in them you will be set. And they are deep enough I think you can put 2 layers of 8mm padding on the inside lip of the top to keep you foot from coming out sideways expecially after you cut a footprint out of the 25mm padding.

Here are the pictures before the fiberglass so ignore the giant hole on top that is where the old 24-7's wraped across the top of the ski. And the old 24-7 is in need of a clean up so don't pay attention to that. And I some how lost the 4th picture of me in them from the rear stupid cell phones

Attachments

• waterdoginstall1.jpg
    waterdoginstall1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 329
  • waterdoginstall2.jpg
    waterdoginstall2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 312
  • waterdog3.jpg
    waterdog3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 469
F

Freestyleriverrat

speedfreak said:
(they are universal the way they are made) I jumped up there and WOW that is what I have been looking for for years. I have been wanting a foothold that places your ankle out further not just your foot or rather your toe. And this is it.

I hear you man.......I am very pleased with mine. I have seen allot of different designs out there and I like the Waterdawg holds the best thus far. Jeff spends allot of time developing his products, making revisions where they need them and it shows through his work. I have talked to him several times and he knows his stuff.......it is surprising how much he legitimatly knows about skis and modifying them. He does not bash other peoples stuff, he gives his honest opinion and spends allot of time testing his parts to make better products. As far as the time it takes to get a hull.......he is doing it and has like 1 other guy that works with him. His stuff is not thrown togather, if he is not happy with something bottom line is you won't get it until he is. He is very particular about what leaves his shop and I can't fault the guy for that. 2 guys makes it difficult to talk to everyone, anwser all the emails and get all the orders filled. As I have said before his hull are top notch and made to order so take a number and be patient :smile:

I was the same way when I got mine. I did not think the ankle cutout was big enough. Riverrats x-series looked a lot bigger. But after cutting the hull and the footholds to size they fit great.
Speedfreak you are going to have yours installed before I will. This is my first install but it is taking me forever. Well I guess if you pass me I can ask you questions about turfing them.:biggrin:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
These look great. This might be Jeff's niche. All his products look nice, but how can one guy keep up with that many products and keep making new ones? If he had em in stock and I was putting holds in a ski now, I would get them. :cool2:

F

Freestyleriverrat

djkorn1 said:
but how can one guy keep up with that many products and keep making new ones? :cool2:

Many many many hours and long days. I think some days he is sleeping at his shop. He is a work-a-holic!!!

F

Freestyleriverrat

Just got done turfing my buddies boat yesterday and we took it out tonight. He loves the waterdawg R.E.V. holds and so do I. Very supportive and comfortable. His 24/7 ski is the R.E.V. holds and mine are the X-holds which are just a little bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 268
  • small0652.JPG
    small0652.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 314
  • small0650.JPG
    small0650.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 327
I love mine also I will get some pictures up soon. I can't believe how great they are after riding with these and going to another ski with the old pair of "toe holds" you feel like your heels are touching in the middle of the tray. They are great....

Anyhow I used 16mm of padding on the bottom of the tray and 8mm over the foot in the foothold and they are too tight. I am going to remove 8mm of padding from under the foot and see how that is but once your in there you stay... and they feel like an old pair of house shoes soo comfortable

F

Freestyleriverrat

Thanks, I need to fix some carb issues but then I'll be on the water :biggthumpup:

I can't wait to run them side by side. They are similar setups but have different parts and layouts. He has Full specs and RAD valves, I have OEM 44 w/o the choke and V-force; his was ported by RIVA, mine by Magoo; both have lightened flywheels; his impeller is cut back and running a stubby cone, I'm running a concord with a blueprinted pump, stubby cone and bored nozzel. His is a round, mine is a squarenose; he is running a AC pole, I'm running a carbon/kevlar XFT. He has REV holds I have the X-holds. You get the idea. Similar but we went different directions as far as porting and combinations of mods. My money is that the squarenose will hit just a bit harder. The cases are ported and the motor is new. Nice to have anouther ski with a similar set up to compare mine with. His still looks better by far......Maros at 24/7 is the man!! So is Jeff at Waterdawgs, both sets of holds are awsome and extremely comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 175
  • small0657.JPG
    small0657.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
My superjet with Universal Footholds,

rev_footholds1.jpg

I rode these on Monday, and they were beyond comfy with minimal padding.

Boost in PDX

Top Bottom