Super Jet newb from Africa

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
Thanks bud I've been looking at props just don't know which one a want best of 3 worlds race,freestyle,surf

So I'm on the hunt

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
Want to redo my turf

I'm looking at the same theme again

Or what else you guys suggest will look good on my ski?

Should I do the top of the gunnels aswell?

Any success with the 3m backed turf? Does it hold well

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
my stuff from the states has arrived in SA stoked been itching to work on the ski

been building a trailer and garage stand in the meantime

carbs have choke shafts removed and will be ported to remove some of the obstructions inside

whats the std psi on these motors im sitting at 150psi both cylinders which Yamaha told me the head has been skimmed

Last edited:
Want to redo my turf

I'm looking at the same theme again

Or what else you guys suggest will look good on my ski?

Should I do the top of the gunnels aswell?

Any success with the 3m backed turf? Does it hold well

definitely do the tops if you are doing turf, and put in some foot holds at the same time if you don't have any yet.

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
definitely do the tops if you are doing turf, and put in some foot holds at the same time if you don't have any yet.

only reason i dont want to do the top is i love the soft factory cushion that's on there saves my elbows a lot my last ski had on top and hated it but i love the look

i got blowsion foot holds i believe

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
made myself a garage trolley for under 20usd not bad ey

utf-8BSU1HMDE4NjgtMjAxMjA3MTktMTI0NC5qcGc.jpg

thinking of sticker-bombing my ski as well kind-of like this
utf-8BcGV1Zl8yMDEyMDcxN18xMy5qcGc.jpg

just one side tho or a few key points like handpole and nose cone

I have one RN SJ with the gunnels not turfed. I like that the factory rubber caps are very grippy, but not as soft as turf.

only reason i dont want to do the top is i love the soft factory cushion that's on there saves my elbows a lot my last ski had on top and hated it but i love the look

i got blowsion foot holds i believe

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
Today I did some small things

First of I put my clearish waterline between the pump and bulkhead

Reason for this is the other day my friend sucked up some sand that clogged that pipe and caused a long time of trouble shooting now I can see if it's blocked
utf-8BSU1HMDE4NzAtMjAxMjA3MTktMTg1MS5qcGc.jpg

Then I did a small mod to the nozzle from the factory it's trimmed upwards at a slight angle causing my nose to lift and porpous badly on the start so I have made it angle 90 deg to the hull perfect for straight line starts
utf-8BSU1HMDE4NzItMjAxMjA3MTktMTkxMy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE4NzMtMjAxMjA3MTktMTkxMy5qcGc.jpg

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
If your doing freestyle I think it would have been a bit better with the nozzle angled up. The nose up kinda helps out for the slower sharp turns. Just an opinion i guess. But you also said you ride everything so i cant vouch for racing and surf. Rockered nose looks good. Turf the rails when you redo the turf.

Last edited:

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
If your doing freestyle I think it would have been a bit better with the nozzle angled up. The nose up kinda helps out for the slower sharp turns. Just an opinion i guess. But you also said you ride everything so i cant vouch for racing and surf. Rockered nose looks good. Turf the rails when you redo the turf.

I do more course riding I really suck at freestyle all I can do is a sub

It takes 5min to go back to stock so if I want to mess around I can

Yes I want to turf the rails will one 40x60" sheet do all of that? They won't ship the larger sheet overseas

The nose is growing on me I just hate the constant face washes I get

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
Well I have a OCD of having clean engine bays:)

So I want a neat engine bay with my super once the oem air box is gone and replaced with the ProK filters will look mint
utf-8BSU1HMDE4NzYtMjAxMjA3MjAtMTUwOC5qcGc.jpg

That's how it is ATM

Here is a pic of my other project and the engine bay
utf-8BSU1HXzgzNjcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BU3RpbGwgd2FubmEgcnVuXy5qcGc.jpg

And a small drift
utf-8BNi5qcGc-1.jpg

Ok back to superjet talk now

Top Bottom