Super Jet newbie questions

i have had my 01 superjet out about three times now in the surf and i always end up with at least three to four inches of water in it after a fifteen minute ride or so.....is this normal or should i be trying to find a something wrong? i have a jetski solutions hood seal so that should not be letting any water in. also, do you guys leave your bilge pump on at all times when your riding or will that drain your battery? thx, steve

Also most people plug the air holes in the front of the hood if you haven't already done that......assuming you have a stock hood.

It also helps if you don't fall over.................

yeah i have the stock hood im pretty sure but i think the lining inside isnt stock if thats possible? cuz when i got it the inner lining was separated from the hood almost all the way around allowing a lot of water to get inside the ski so i rtv'd that all up and now it doesnt leak. there is a ton of customized stuff on the ski though so idk whats stock and whats not when it comes to some stuff....

honestly i dont know whether its running dual cooling or not...how can i tell? and it has one bilge pump that is 360 gph i think....and im also very new to standups so it is flipped over a lot....iv only been out on one three times.

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Also in the surf try not to have rolling white water hit you from the side. The force will push through the hood seal no matter which one you have

My one pump is sufficient enough just let it run all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
I run Dual rule 500gph bilges with no problem, if you have dual cooling there will be 2 lines coming from your pump, through the engine compartment. In most cases there will be 2 outlets for the water to shoot out from the side of your ski as opposed to just one also.

It doesnt directly affect that, I think the issue is that the stock siphon bilge system has been bypassed to allow for dual cooling so your electric bilge pump is the only way water is gonna get out without a scupper or something of the sort.

Top Bottom