Super Jet Newbs first ski build. 90 SN

e4umyja8.jpg

My pole pad setup with straps

Due to requests, I made a quick tutorial of how I lowered the hood. Hope this helps
I started by cutting out the liner then cutting the hood down to about where I wanted it. I then loosely wrapped tape over the top to cover the sections I cut. Next, I flipped it over and filled those sections with 2 part foam and once it was fully expanded I took the tape off and shaped the foam how I wanted the hood to look
2012-09-29_18-30-11_234_zps8a88eb95.jpg

After shaping I covered the outside where the foam is with 2 layers of Eglass (thin glass cloth). Once in fully cured I gutted the foam from the inside and layed a layer of 17oz biaxial cloth cut to the shape of the sections I cut off the hood. I then layed a layer of 17oz biaxial and a layer of 12oz biaxial of the entire inside of the hood.

For the final step, I mixed microballoons and resin to use as body filler to smooth and even the outside of the hood.

Here is a pic of the layer of biaxial cut to lay on the inside for the sections I cut out
1349371896076_zps9f04466d.jpg

Here is a pic with the entire inside of the hood glassed. I used black dye in the resin just for visual preference
2012-11-25_21-21-34_545.jpg

Ouch, yeah he pm'd me and I basically copied the message I sent him for the tutorial. It sucks trying to learn barrel rolls. I starting working on them over the weekend and beat myself up pretty good. I have been trying off my own wake, water is still pretty chilly here so there aren't many boats to throw some wake to practice on.

Well I am still trying to fully get used to riding a shortened hull. I am doing much better than my first ride on it. It seems when I go to hit a big boat wake the ski just wants to go vertical or beyond, like into a half flip rotation.I have gotten much better at recovering landings when I can get the nose down on a landing. I'm sure a few more months and I will do better. I want to get video but would rather wait till I get the hull down a little better. No wake nose stabs are a breeze on this hull and I can now do them both to the left and to the right(Stock I could only stab to the right). I was playing around yesterday with the trim and attempted my first flip off my own wake just to see what happens. My form was all wrong and I didnt bring the bars to my chest but I did get upside down and the nose hit first. Didn't want to try anymore since I was riding by myself. I also am really starting to hate the bob footholds because I cant seem to get a good lock, they come loose, and I have landed on them and have to go back in to readjust them

BrightE's

Paul
Hey, how many layers and what biaxial did you use when you glassed the back if the hull? Just did mine today and put on five layers of 12oz but am worried it'll be too thin once it's cured

6v0REIw.jpeg

Top Bottom