No Wake Zone- on a stand-up, what to do

If you’re in a No Wake Zone on a stand up are you to;

A. Go as slow as you can and still be able to stand or kneel.

B. Drag along behind the ski where there are a lot of big boats that might not see you because you are low in the water.

C. Ride as far as you can from the dock/docked boats at about half throttle.

D. None of the above. (Or suggestions)

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
kneeling as slow as possible. I hate no wake zones.
On a ski I think you actually make a bigger wake trying to idle than if you were to just rip on through.

Well, today I went with option A. and got yelled at twice. One guy even bled a BIG hand held air horn at me. I guess my little JS550's wake was about to turn is 1000 ft house over,Dang.

F

Freestyleriverrat

That is when you hood transition into a big fountain and soak that flamer:woot:

If there is alot of people around. I usually just drag behind it and let my ski idle to the shore. Thats after the no wake area though. I dont want to get run over by a boat. If there is very few or no one in my way. And no sight of the Sherriff or Lake police around then I usually ride in pretty quick let go the throttle and coast as far as I can. Or ride on my knees to shore.

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
most people dont even know what to think...just get thru the no wake zone without bothering people...my idle is so high up that i can kneel with no hands and it still seems like im going fast......

BUT

i like the transition to the fountain and soak the queers :hail:

gimmick

sports a beater 550
monoshock said:
Well, today I went with option A. and got yelled at twice. One guy even bled a BIG hand held air horn at me. I guess my little JS550's wake was about to turn is 1000 ft house over,Dang.

I'd go over to him, turn the ski off, get in the water and explain that going any slower than what you were going would cause you to fall over. Pretty much let him know you are responsible, don't have anything to be ashamed of, and don't mind engaging adversaries in a peaceful manner. If he kept shooting his mouth off, let him know you had plenty of throttle left. You chose not to use it because you didn't want to piss anyone off and if something so trivial got his panties in a wad, he has problems.
BTW, fountaining him would probably get the law called, but a good idea nonetheless.

I don’t usually go through that no wake zone at that boat dock, but I thought there might be some bikinis to see. I’ll just keep out of there from now on, live and let live.:smile:
There’s a lot more lake to ride without Aholes like that.

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
yeah I get yelled at all the time. ******** them. Last time I rode through "idling'' I fouled a set of plugs and I was at least a mile from my truck/toolbox. I tried to ride through brapping once in a while, and still fouled plugs.

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
Going as slow as possible while being able to maintain control is the law so as long as you do that it doesnt matter what some a hole says :haha:

If your fouling plugs while going though a no wake zone than you need to tune your ski better

Gainera2582

Power and Agility
These are the same ppl who drive loud ass boats that complain about it, but they think that is ok. Our skis make very little if any wake at all. I go a tad above idle bc I refuse to foul my plugs or have to put up with ppls bull********. Its not like they can do a damn thing anyways!!!!!!!!!

ski4

gonzo
Gainera2582 said:
These are the same ppl who drive loud ass boats that complain about it, but they think that is ok. Our skis make very little if any wake at all. I go a tad above idle bc I refuse to foul my plugs or have to put up with ppls bull********. Its not like they can do a damn thing anyways!!!!!!!!!
there is a lot they can do about it actually . and all of the things they can do will make your day riding less than exciting. it may even cost you some money

Superjet3

Waterlogged
2002zxi said:
yeah I get yelled at all the time. ******** them. Last time I rode through "idling'' I fouled a set of plugs and I was at least a mile from my truck/toolbox. I tried to ride through brapping once in a while, and still fouled plugs.
Sounds like you have some tuning issues with your ski.

I got yelled at for going slow before, so now I just rip through F-them.

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
hangtime said:
If your fouling plugs while going though a no wake zone than you need to tune your ski better

Dunno man, dont know too many skis that like idling or slow brapping for a half mile.

I dunno crap about tuning, I'm a noob. I just assumed it was a motor that didnt like to idle for very long. It's fouled a ton of plugs since I got it.

Last edited:
lean out your low speed a little if youre fouling plugs at idle. youll probably get better throttle response as a result.

another option, instead of going over and talking to the people (because theyre not going to listen), is to give a big wave hello and a big shiny smartass smile. if they toot a horn at you, "WOOT WOOT!" back at them.

Top Bottom