Surfriding North Carolina Event Ideas

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
I hear you guys. Keep the ideas coming. I would like to have some organization to the ride with give aways, etc.

Oh, and thanks DAG, now I'm never going in the ocean..........a lake.......a pond......a pool every again. JAWS!

naticen

Site Supporter
Let's do an unorganized ride at carolina beach in spring sometime, and then keep working on a fall ride that is more of an all out thing somewhere else. I think 420 weekend would be fun for cb. There is a huge party with drum cricles and fire spinners, or should we wait for the water temp to come up some more?

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
If you guys do a low key ride at Carolina Beach, I am down for that. I will do some give-aways and stuff to show some support.

LOL..... that video...... there is always the one know it all guy who has obviously watched too much Shark Week!

"its a Bull Shark!" Yes, it is an 18 foot long Bull Shark. :)

SM

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
I am down to come my buddy has a place at topsail so we ride Wilmington and wrightsville all the time. As long as y'all don't mind 2 couches riding along. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
I will be making another thread soon that will be dedicated to the carolina beach ride and will have a vote for dates on that one. Will keep you posted!

Hey guys, I've got a crew of about 7 that ride here in Wilmington with me. We've got several awesome spots to ride here and get some nice wave action pretty often. Noticed alot of people replied with Wilmington as a suggestion and I would be 100% committed to helping organize and make this happen.

Let me suggest that the north end of Carolina Beach here in Wilmington would be an excellent choice for an area to host the event! I've never had an issue with anyone issuing tickets for riding too close to shore there at the end and all skis can be pulled up on the beach on the very tip end of the north of the island (confirmed this with local police last summer).

Also there is no approval necessary to be able to ride skis from the north end of Carolina Beach, you can ride and jump waves anywhere in the Inlet and directly across at the south end of Masonboro Island (300 yards away). Everyone camps on the beach right next to their skis and can ride from sunup to sundown. Also if anyone does not have access to a 4x4 vehicle Snow's Cut boat ramp is very close by.

North end would be ideal i think! used to live in wilmington so i'm familiar with the area and have done lots of partying/camping on the north end. CB and Kure beach area is a super nice area, also would like to include wilmington nightlife is like none i've ever seen EPIC!!! I hope to see something happening here! i would definitely attend!!!

Last edited:

Gunner_626

Carolina Beach Freeride
Have decided that I am going to wait until after the holidays and the Daytona Freeride to make the thread for the Carolina Beach ride this spring as it as pretty far off from now.

Top Bottom