Ocean vs Lake question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't worry about the ladies if you plan on buying a 550.

Also, don't forget to fill the crank case with SYNTHETIC OIL ONLY! You don't want the majority of the abuse on your ski to be happening within the engine block, otherwise your slip will enjoy more time with your ski than the surf ;-)

Let me know when you start your next thread!

Hahahaha. This guy awesome. I like this Mike guy. Dude just buy a cherry picker to get the ski on and off the dock. Your set! And can do it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever heard the term "drive it like a rental"...? That's not how you want to treat your own toys.
Modern 4 stroke jet skis also have closed loop cooling systems, so salt water never touches the engine. And even here, all the rentals stay out of the water. They have jet ski docks they pull up on that lift them out of the water.

yeah i totally get that. what i meant is how they store them as well as how others in the marina store them, yet not directly in the water and what the options are. i may be off based and will be bummed if not an easy option as your points are all good ones but if any advice on what you can do...that would be great. the concept of convenience is lost if i cant keep it at least stored by the slip etc but there has to be a way i can store it like they do, right??

and hmm....4 stroke? from a prior thread I posted seemed options limited but i need to then also consider that maybe

74ef8438d1d0a944a7b2e54aa5a7a9b9.jpg

Hey Mike hey mike. Check that joint out!

Also, don't forget to fill the crank case with SYNTHETIC OIL ONLY! You don't want the majority of the abuse on your ski to be happening within the engine block, otherwise your slip will enjoy more time with your ski than the surf ;-)

Let me know when you start your next thread!
thanks for the input

74ef8438d1d0a944a7b2e54aa5a7a9b9.jpg

Hey Mike hey mike. Check that joint out!
cool. i should have done research before posting, sorry, but at least now when i wander over there i have a better idea of what i am looking for in case people are literally using things like this. i am certain now that i think about it people do have floating jet ski docks...thanks!

FYI, when we say ride the ocean, we really should clarify that we mean to ride the surf. Riding saltwater without surf is like screwing a hooker with an STD, not wearing a rubber and then stopping right before you finish.

sadly, i can relate...while the ex was not 'technically' a hooker (I have more respect for hookers), the rest of your post did apply

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Yessir, surf is great but salt water will trash a ski in short order. There is a steep learning curve to maintaining a saltwater ski that requires constant vigilance so if all you're doing is riding flat salt water, you may as well ride a lake and avoid the hassle and expense.

As for the ladies...I know it probably sounds lame but it's at least a very small factor. I am sure a 550 is not impressive but would they really know the difference? I am also not talking about hot chicks at the lake like some people post...i am talking about at best, "average" weight chicks though in relative terms, they are anorexic compared to my sow of an ex-wife so it would work for me and i am done mentioning her

Yessir, surf is great but salt water will trash a ski in short order. There is a steep learning curve to maintaining a saltwater ski that requires constant vigilance so if all you're doing is riding flat salt water, you may as well ride a lake and avoid the hassle and expense.
understood and I need to do more research, thanks. However, the convenience at least in my mind, where i can literally walk 2 minutes to the dock from my place, is a huge factor and may outweigh the negatives

remember your x-wife? Easier is not always better

I do remember...but while she was easy for sure (not in the way I had hoped), it was not the easier route at all.

Plus, remember I am not the most rational so at least...while a ski in ocean is more maintenance, i would also likely buy a 550 and not a $20k ski so relatively speaking, may be better for me, or at least thats what I tell myself :)

How did you go from a $1,000 550 to a $20K ski. No one is suggesting you learn on a 20K ski. Get a a used superjet, any superjet and get out there and ride. And then ride some more till it hurts (like Franny said). You will figure it out.

Or just keep making posts, talking about it and entertaining us with your wisdom.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Buy a ski for whatever reason you need to rationalize it and then just get out and ride. Whatever brings you to the sport is irrelevant for it will become something else entirely once you start. It was described once as an "Addiction" because for most of us it has become one.

It's a great way to get out of your head for awhile. :)

How did you go from a $1,000 550 to a $20K ski. No one is suggesting you learn on a 20K ski. Get a a used superjet, any superjet and get out there and ride. And then ride some more till it hurts (like Franny said). You will figure it out.

Or just keep making posts, talking about it and entertaining us with your wisdom.

not sure you want to ask that question about how i did...there is no logic and my mind changes daily, sorry. while nobody has suggested a 20k ski, except me, my goal had been to buy a backflip worthy ski and i assumed it would take about 20k to get there. most people if not all people have stated indeed i should get a superjet, it just takes me forever to come around i am afraid.

as for my posts, not sure any wisdom is there...i am sure they wont stop so apologies in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom