Other ODI Locking grips literally melting away.

Like the title says.. the poop is coming off on my hands when I ride. Coming off in small, glue like chunks.

I'm assuming I got gas on them, and that's causing them to break down. However, It's hard to believe I somehow spilled gas on both grips without noticing (especially since I have to gas up this ski with the pole up). And trace amounts on both of my hands is also difficult to believe, given the amount of times I've gassed up skis/bikes before and never had this problem.

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Yup they get more and more sticky over time which is good. At some point they get really nasty looking and need to get changed. As long as they are still sticky just keep on riding. I just changed a set out and now the new ones are slightly slippery. I can't wait till they get all goey and sticky again.

You will never find a grip that doesn't do this I've gone through so many grips and ODI's are by far the best I got a pair of the van shoes and ODI collab grips from blowsion and they are the best yet almost no wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
You will never find a grip that doesn't do this I've gone through so many grips and ODI's are by far the best I got a pair of the van shoes and ODI collab grips from blowsion and they are the best yet almost no wear
I'll sell you my OEM SN grips for $100 ;) They will hold up for your grandkids grandkids. Pays for themselfs in 5 years.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
My quad is stored in a trailer. No problems with the grips. Superjet grips wear down faster but I use it more and ride it hard. My Odis break down but they don't really melt. The heat destroys everything. Keep it out of the sun.

Wear gloves. I found the ODI's brand new were slick as hell with my bare hands to the point it was dangerous. Started wearing gloves and all problems solved... no more wrist fatigue, finger cramps, and the 'kung fu' grip means you won't lose the ski.

Last edited:
I wipe my ODIs down with wd40 sprayed on an old microF towel then let it dry out. Been riding this ski since Jan 2-3 times per week and there is minimal wear. If I get a year out of them so be it. Not a major fan of white troy lees and the tread design. May switch to extremes.

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
ODI's are the way to go - no other grips out there compare. You can get them for $15 shipped now and then, if you keep an eye out, and they are easier than gluing on grips and twisting up wire to hold them in place.

I don't mind buying new grips as often as they wear out. I was more wondering if anybody has noticed them having a track record of melting away due to contact with trace amounts of oil/gas. If that turned out to be the case, I'd have to move to a different grip because of how careless I can be with gas cans! Thanks for the responses.

Top Bottom