Official Dash Cam Thread

^ The GPS speed is displayed on screen and seems very accurate so far. I will test hard acceleration and braking and let you know.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It might be. Until somebody blows a light or hits you and tries to say you were speeding and came out of nowhere. Why not have all the evidence you can?

Peter123

C-Note
Well, I went past the wreck location, and Pep Boys had a camera pointing out at the parking lot.

I went in and talked to the manager and then viewed the footage. We watched as car by car drove by, and then there was a video hickup and then you see my wife's van and the truck sitting there nose to nose. lol

The other issue was that the video has such a wide angle it's extremely difficult to make out which vehicle is which, so it's really of no use.

No other cameras were facing that direction.

I have been playing around with the GPS software. The software lays everything over Google maps and routes out your entire trip and It's really easy to use.

Screenshot 2015-09-22 14.28.25.png

OCD Solutions

My wife told me to get on this and pick a damn camera already. She witnessed a very close call yesterday.

Speaking of very close calls...I found this on the internet tonight;

So how much storage does the camera have? Im kinda wanting one for the daddy wagon now? Anybodt have a recommendation for best unit under 100 dollars?

I've been running the KD Links for 4 months now and like it. I have a 32gb micro SD and it holds weeks worth of driving. I like that this unit has a lock button on the side that places a highlight on those frames for playback and will not overwrite on those locked frames. This feature makes it easy to go right to the frames you want to see on playback.

My only complaint would be with the playback software only having 2 zoom options. It's over $100, but good so far.

http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS®-X1-Dashboard-Camcorder-G-Sensor/dp/B00N8BM0BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449845170&sr=8-1&keywords=kd+links

OCD Solutions

I've had a busy couple weeks so I haven't had a chance to play with the camera other than review a couple vids to see how clear they are. So far I am happy with the cams I bought. They were cheap and they work. What more do you need?

I smoked one of the power supplies almost immediately so I ordered a pair of the hard wire kits for each vehicle. One kit will power 2 cams.

I went with 32GB cards and even on the highest resolution I still capture over 6hrs of video.

So far I haven't caught anything too spectacular but drivers are chit nuts these days so it's just a matter of time. I just wish they had a wider viewing angle than 170 deg.

After a week of driving with only the one facing forward, I did go ahead and order a second pair of them so I can place another one in each vehicle facing backwards.

Reactions: DAG

OCD Solutions

Well I am happy to report that my cheap little cameras are still going strong.

Unfortunately, they are doing a great job of catching my stupidity more than anything. I crashed my truck a few months ago and nearly caused another accident a couple days ago. Got both incidences on camera. :(

Well I am happy to report that my cheap little cameras are still going strong.

Does your camera cause any interference with the radio reception?

I bought one the end of last year and plug into the cig lighter causes static, annoying as crap. Haven't hard wired yet but doubting it will fix anything g.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Anyone have updates on this? I still never pulled the trigger but I see so much dumb poop everyday I’d like to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom