Super Jet Oh :-):-):-):-) Another SN build

You guys have all inspired me.
91 SN.

I warn you this will not be a steady stream of updates as i'm lacking some materials.

the plan is to cut the rear 3 in.
Rocker the nose
and that's pretty much it, maybe do some glass on the nose to clean her up.

The Kevin's Area 51 build gave me good inspiration to just reshape the existing hull rather than cut a large section out and try (and probably fail) to create a new front end out of foam and glass.
This will also shorten the front end a bit, which may work out perfect in some reshaping of the nose.

i decided to tape off my cuts. my plan was and is to remove 3 in from the hull and just relocate the rear section forward, less glass work, at least in my opinion.
as said before i'm going to mimic kevin's area 51 build in the nose by cutting along the ride on the hull, heating it, and pull the nose up.

photo.JPGphoto copy.JPGphoto copy 2.JPGphoto copy 3.JPGphoto copy 4.JPG

i'm a bit lost with the exhaust at the moment, will revisit later.

minor updates before the rain set in today.

I did some cleaning up on the rear bond line with a grinder,

removed unnecessary foam and just did a minor test fit with the rear pieces to their new home.

No resin means no glassing anything on just yet.
photo.JPGphoto.JPGphoto copy.JPG

question for you guys regarding the exhaust.

I want to keep the rear exhaust but it looks like the plate that rivets to the hull is part of the exhaust tube.
i can push the whole tube forward and remove length from the engine side? i'm not a welder so i am holding off on cutting the tube until i have a good game plan.

advice, input, criticism all welcome.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I don't see why not. Just hack off the excess with a cutoff wheel and clean up the edges so it doesn't tear your exhaust hose.

I'm in Mission Viejo. (CA)
she'll have a 61x/61x with a .5 bore single 44SBN and a b-pipe, believe a limited chamber.

already the engine bay is reinforced and i did some work to the nose before deciding to do this build
I'll take some pics of what is done so far and get them posted.

These pics aren't of recent work but of stuff i did a year ago when i first stripped the hull.
because i kept breaking that stupid nose cover and that ugly groove in front of the gas cap is ugly, i decided to fix that. I filled with 2 part foam and glassed over it making the flow with the rest of the ski. some of this may get re-done once i try to put some rocker on this thing.

I also reinforced the engine bay by filling the bond line with a crap ton of 5200 then using 1708 box cloth to glass it. I then rattle canned it with some gloss white and a can or 2 of clear.

photo.JPGphoto copy.JPGphoto copy 2.JPGphoto copy 3.JPG

when i get there, you guys will know, got my other ski back together except the gas tank today. will throw it in the pool next weekend.

Top Bottom