Super Jet Oh :-):-):-):-) Another SN build

WAB

salty nuts
I would suggest to leave the side gunwale shape alone.
Its a pointless mod and it makes it harder to pull yourself back up on the ski.

quick update for a friday night.
got home form work, pulled my dremel multi-max out and went for it.
I made the cut from near battery box around the nose and to the other side. and cut out some relief for clearance. I intend to heat the hull and pull it up much like the Kevin's area 51 build. however i will not pull up the bond rail as i'll most likely be removing it.

photo copy 6.JPGphoto copy 5.JPGphoto copy 4.JPGphoto copy 3.JPG

Stage 2 of reshaping the hull. I set up my bracket and drilled a few holes in the hull.
The first hole i tried to use was too close to the end of the cut, so when i released it, the hull jus went back to it's original spot. THe 2nd hole i used allowed for much more movement. I'm going to let it hold in place and cool over night before i release it. hopefully it'll hold. I plan to pull from another hole closer to the nose of the ski to give it more of a roll. Crossing my fingers!.IMG_0273.jpgIMG_0272.jpgIMG_0271.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0269.jpgIMG_0268.jpg

I dont think thats gonna work, you need to glass it back together with that rod holding it in place, thats how I did mine. Glass the cuts on the inside, trim the excess on the outside, fill gaps etc, glass outside.

we're going to give it a shot. i have glass on order, i'm going to release it today and try to bend up at another point so that it has an arch, not just a 'V' if the hull moves back to where it was, then i'll have to repeat and do as you say, to glass it at each spot and move to the next.

So i did an initial bend yesterday and let the ski cool down and kept the bracket in place over night.
this morning i released it, it seems that some of the spring tension in the hull pulled it back some what but not back to it's original position.

I mounted the bracket further forward on the hull and pulled it up, while heating it and moving the ski over the heater to get the entire area nice and hot.

I think i'm at a good shape now. going to leave the bracket where it sits until my material arrives to glass it in place.

photo copy 4.JPGphoto copy 5.JPGphoto copy 3.JPG

I dont think thats gonna work, you need to glass it back together with that rod holding it in place, thats how I did mine. Glass the cuts on the inside, trim the excess on the outside, fill gaps etc, glass outside.

not to criticize. it appears it did, however as i stated, i will keep the bracket in place while i glass to ensure it doesn't slowly go back to original location.

Top Bottom