Super Jet Oh :-):-):-):-) Another SN build

epoxy resins only. but i need to even up the hull, as the picture shows, it's a little high on one side, so got to balance it out first. I HAVE A PLAN. and that's scary.

It's a little tough to keep it even. Use some uni strut on the bottom re heat . The uni strut will add more surface area and a more even bend. I think I have a pic or two on the build thread. I can take additional pics if needed.

I'm fairly confident in where i'm at so far. I took a grinder to it today to taper the hull and where it will be glassed to for a better finish and reduced thickness, while maintaining optimum surface bonding. I hope to get some glass work in over the next week. fingers crossed.

not a huge update, just started some basic glass work last night. Will be doing some work on the rear section tonight. Hope to get it right side up by the weekend. but trying to take my time and do it right. No reason to rush things.

photo.JPGphoto1.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto3.JPGphoto4.JPG

Just nickel and diming stuff at this point. I had to rebuild the rear end piece for the drain side, but i glassed the lower edge of the exhaust side last night.

I need to clean up the endges and glass the sides tonight, as well as clean up some of the glass i layed tuesday night.

Still working on cleaning up the end cap for the drain side tonight, needs to be hit with a grinder and some fresh glass. then to cut out the port for the drain and i can start to glass that up.
Hopefully i can flip it ride side up this weekend and start working on the inside of the engine bay. Once i'm comfortable with it's structure i'll pick up some styrene and figure out what i'm doing with the nose.

keep checking back.

photo5.JPG

Update:
I glassed more of the exhasut side rear last night, sorry no pictures.

I pulled the rear of the drain side off as it has had a rough life and needed some rebuilding, took a grinder to it, and layed some glass down to build back up it's strength. Here's a few photos for you.
photo7.JPGphoto6.JPG

that side use to have a duck bill drain way back when, and have since gone to a versiplug max. but it was weak. Now it'll be solid.

minor updates this weekend. I started glassing on the other rear section of the hull for the drain.
I've been moving slow this weekend as i'm trying my hand at making some fiberglass molds to produce SN chin pads and oem replica ride plates. Mainly for myself but if all goes way i may sell some.
first round didn't go so hot. I was using too thick of cloth and couldn't get it to contour correctly. I scrapped it and now have thinner cloth. Back to preparing the parts again to start at stage 1.

ok guys, teaser update.
trimmed up the glass on the drain side of the hull, no additional glass tonight, going to rain and don't want to deal with it.
also cleaned up my plugs for an OEM fiberglass ride plate and SN chin pad.

won't be able to do much more on those until the weekend though.

here's a couple pigs on where the rear sigs so far.
photo copy 5.JPGphoto copy 4.JPGphoto copy 3.JPG

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
I think ill have my second ski done before u finish ur mold u turtle ha just messing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I'm chugging away. I'm going to get some more glass on the rear of the ski tonight, get that all solid, maybe hand sand it this weekend.
I need to get the molds going this weekend as well has help a buddy out with this car.

I'm slammed and excited for all of it.

B.E. I dare you to finish your 2nd ski before i get my molds done.
If i go nuts i may be able to flip it this weekend and start grinding and glassing the engine bay around the rocker cut.
once that is done, the fun begins on shaping the nose.

anyone got an OEM RN nose foam laying around they can give me?
thinking about putting a little curve to the SN.

Top Bottom