Super Jet Oh :-):-):-):-) Another SN build

did some more glass on the rear last night. trimmed the excess this morning. still needs some more love before i can truly call it good to go.

sunday i'll be able to hit it again, got other plans for tomorrow. I may get some pictures up tonight.

You guys have all inspired me.
91 SN.

I warn you this will not be a steady stream of updates as i'm lacking some materials.

the plan is to cut the rear 3 in.
Rocker the nose
and that's pretty much it, maybe do some glass on the nose to clean her up.

The Kevin's Area 51 build gave me good inspiration to just reshape the existing hull rather than cut a large section out and try (and probably fail) to create a new front end out of foam and glass.
This will also shorten the front end a bit, which may work out perfect in some reshaping of the nose.

i decided to tape off my cuts. my plan was and is to remove 3 in from the hull and just relocate the rear section forward, less glass work, at least in my opinion.
as said before i'm going to mimic kevin's area 51 build in the nose by cutting along the ride on the hull, heating it, and pull the nose up.

View attachment 177962View attachment 177961View attachment 177958View attachment 177959View attachment 177960

i'm a bit lost with the exhaust at the moment, will revisit later.

Was talking about this in my post.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

no significant changes. been working on side projects for a while. i did remove the exhaust tube though, so i should be able to finalize the glass on the rear. i know i've been saying that but i do start to see the light at the end now at least for the rear section.
i'm still lost on the nose. I need to get the rocker full glassed in before i tackle the nose shape. i still want to try to put a rn curve to it, but i need something to work with. if someone has a rn and is willing to draw me up a template of the curve where the top deck meets the bond line, i'd be stoked. it can be out of cardboard or something, doesn't really matter.

thanks.

alright guys so it's been a little while. was wrapped up in some other things.

finally came to the conclusion that removing the tray and defoaming the ski would also allow me to have more security in my work as i can glass everything in from the inside of the ski.

a few pics of where i'm at so far.

photo.JPGphoto1.JPG

most of it out yesterday, may get it all out today.

mix of fishing knife, razor blade scraper, and pry bar. working fairly good thus far. digging the foam out from around the scupper tube is the hardest part. limited work space.

Top Bottom