tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
40:1 Yamaha
50:1 kawi unless it is a 550 , then 32:1
I split the difference and run all my skis on 45:1

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I watched an engine damn near cook itself the other day that was running Klotz Benol @ 32:1. A hose popped off and the engine didn't get any water to it for a solid 10 minutes. It cooked the o-rings, and even melted the hoses attatched to the brass fittings on the head. It literally was sizzling water for a solid 15 minutes after the problem was found.

The head was pulled on the spot and there was absolutely no damage at all. The engine was running Wiseco pistons, too. We swapped the o-rings in the head, cut the hoses back a touch, and rode it for another tank of fuel.

Needless to say, I'm a believer in the bean even more than I was before.

I really like Maxima Marine Pro. I get mine from a local bike shop, costs about 40 bucks for a gallon. It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for and I don't take chances when it comes to being on the water :biggrin:

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Unless its a high dollar motor, I think you should be running Quicksilver TCW-3 or Penzoil Fully Synthetic. Both oils can be found at Wal-Mart and are plenty good for a stock ski.

Any TCW-3 is perfect for surf/freestyle, its made for lower average temps and has the best corrosion protection. Racing engines tend to get too hot for TCW-3 and do better with an aircooled type like snowmobile oil. Of course everyone that spends $50/gal for oil will always recommend it.

Top Bottom