Opinion poll- Tilt or no tilt for freeride?

Lucifer

Jet Junkie
Hi all. I'm building a squarenose for freeriding. What do you think about having a tilt mod? Is it really needed for the surf?
Thanks, Lucifer

2ride

Enjoy Life...
Tilt is not needed for freeride. Some of the tilt setup will affect the turning potential of your craft, and mobility is important for getting out of a sticky situations, doing cool cut backs, slashes, and sharp turns. Most tilt systems are spring loaded, so everytime you land from a jump, the pressure of the water will cause the nozzle to tilt up. This is damage the expensive tilt cable and the lever will collapse and hit your knuckles. Plus more components to break. Use the waves as your tilt nozzle for backflip.. Good luck.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
For freeride a trim system is not necessary, You can always add it later if you feel you need it, but have never used one in the surf.

I recently switched to an 09 SJ nozzle which has a trim ring on it. I have the nozzle trimed up just a little and have found it keeps the nose from pearling as easy on a wave. For flips in the surf you do not need it though.

For freeride a trim system is not necessary, You can always add it later if you feel you need it, but have never used one in the surf.

I recently switched to an 09 SJ nozzle which has a trim ring on it. I have the nozzle trimed up just a little and have found it keeps the nose from pearling as easy on a wave. For flips in the surf you do not need it though.

how does it affect the ride when you are just cruising around?

does it want to ride real nose high, or not so noticeable..?

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
good idea eddie.
Thanks
how does it affect the ride when you are just cruising around?

does it want to ride real nose high, or not so noticeable..?

It is not too bad crusing around. The nozzle only has a slight tilt, and with a D cut plate it is pretty nose light already. I will get a pic when the pump is back in, just had it out to paint.

I liked it so much I did the same mod on my B1, and love it! On the B1 I modded the nozzle for slightly more tilt. I'll get a pic tomorrow. I highly recomend for the B1 crowd, especially if in the surf.

I loved my trim i had on my sj! have a freeride sxr now without a trim with a sxr nose you submarine a lot in the surf coming back from waves, or thats just me lol as soon as i can i will have a new trim on my freeride ski BUT REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT CAN BREAK IN THE SURF USUALLY DOES...

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I loved my trim i had on my sj! have a freeride sxr now without a trim with a sxr nose you submarine a lot in the surf coming back from waves, .
Your problem is clear, you are ridding the wrong ski. :spank:
:lmao:

Top Bottom