Paint questions

Hello

I have a 93 superjet that I plan on painting. I have painted before using a 1 stage urithane paint and it turned out awasome and I havent had any problems with it pealing after 2 years of use. Even on the hull.

This is my question. What do you guys use or recomend to use as far as spraying a paint and a clear?

I have used waterborn paints for a while but am worried that if the clear coat fails for some reason that the paint will just start flaking off. Tipicly I am worried about the pole and hood area where stuff rubs. The nice thing about water born is the fumes arent bad.

Here is the problem I will use 1 stage urithane again but this time I will be painting in a basement and not outside like last time and the fumes will kill the house.

Should I just wait until the weather gets nices and paint outside or is there a diff paint I can use in the basement that will hold up or a totaly different paint to use for the skis then the 2 stage?

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Yea I know that I am just wondering if there is a diff paint that people are using on there superjets and it holds up???

I know about reperators I want to know if there is a diff paint people use and what my options are about painting the ski

Thanks

Last edited:

ive painted cars ,and many jetskis. I allways use urethane, Base/Clear... Usually allways Dupont but if you want it to be a little cheaper use Nason. As far as the skis, they turned out great and hold up very well, and the clear holds its shine and if you use an Industrial air mover/ swirl cage blower, like comanies use to dry carpet or floors, you wont have any problem with fumes. It'll blow um right out the door/window.

Top Bottom