Surfriding Percentage of flatwater vs. surfriders? Any clue?

btmboards

Brett
you should add a pole to this thread so instead of asking people what they do just make a pole and see what every one does. DO:
flatwater only:
80 flat 20% surf
60 flat 40% surf
50/50
40 flat 60% surf
20 flat 80% surf
100% surf and wouldnt know what to do without a wave ............this one is me :dunno:

or something like that. I would like to know an over all of the whole comunity on this

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Yeah, I'm in the 60/40 flat / surf category, but only because the drive is too long to get to the ocean after work!

Ride Ride Ride

Ride when i can on what i can get running that day. in any condition. wetsuit the best invention after the stand up ski!

what would yacht wakes be considered? i ride the lake 90% of the time but i cant afford a flat water ski so i follow yachts all day. good wakes are 4-5 ft

what would yacht wakes be considered? i ride the lake 90% of the time but i cant afford a flat water ski so i follow yachts all day. good wakes are 4-5 ft

Flat water means your not riding in a body of water that has naturally occuring waves....

Why would the type of ski layup your riding dictate what the kind of water your riding on is anyhow lol

Last edited:

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
He just means his beat sxr800 isn't any fun on flatwater. If he had a lightweight ski with big engine he'd probably have fun on flat but since he doesn't yacht wakes are fun

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
me and 4 buddies all ride flat water. wake board boats with water bags make great waves if not we always go out when we have 30 +mph winds and shred the white caps.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
100% surf

I can flatwater roll my pig superjet @ 350 pounds though. But flatwater sucks. Cost too much to do anything fun.

If I wanted to hood ride all day I'd sell all my boats and buy a stock 1988 650sx.

Just my opinion. Let the haters hate!!!

BTW we have had consistent 4-6 footers for the last 2 weeks @ 10 second delay. It's been backflip mania! Even with my little 61X/61X stock port VXR pro motor in my fixed steer. Can't beat a good head high curling wave!

Last edited:
Top Bottom