FX-1 Picked up another FX1...have a few questions

So I just picked up my 2nd FX1 (had to sell my first one a couple years ago)...its in great shape and I am pumped! Its mostly stock but has most of the basic bolt on parts, protec top loader, jet dynamics rideplate, extra pump with an SS prop, etc.

I attached a couple pics of the prop...obviously its a 19-24 pitch but not sure on brand model, kinda looks in between a straight blade prop and a swirl. Anyone know what it is and have any experience with it? Trying to decide if I should sell it and get a swirl or just run it...Im about 155lbs, aggressive rider, looking for bottom end mostly with a stock motor. Also should I take the time to blueprint the pump a little bit? Any other reccomendations? I am planning on a big pump swap but not quite ready to cut into it yet so looking to make it as good as I can for now! Also I have a quadrafin rideplate I kept so I am going to try them back to back and see what I like better.

Anyone have reccomendations for tubbies? I have not ridden a ski with them but it sounds like they are an awesome mod for the FX1.
DSCF0005.jpgphoto (1).jpgphoto.jpg

550headache

tobacco grower
I've never seen a skat without its name on the prop. leading edges look a lot thicker than what skat usally makes.

contact tom21 here on the x. I picked up some of his tubbies for my superjet and they are top notch! half the price of the other guys too!

Ok thanks guys, anyone ran one of these props? I found a few threads saying the 18-23 or 19-24 swirl prop made a huge difference even over other SS props so now I'm considering selling this one and the ride plate and ordering the swirl from impros...your thoughts?

I just put the one above in as well (the stock one sucked last weekend) also switched from a JD rideplate to a quadrafin...will see how this prop works this weekend hopefully and see which ride plate I like better too. I was surprised how much the JD plate slid around, could be I just wasnt leaning the ski hard enough as I was still used to my squarenose...well see

Last edited:
Is it good enough to put off the pump swap for awhile? I am def planning on doing it eventually but I'm not in a rush to cut up my new toy quite yet either...if the swirl is that much better I will prob try to sell the whole 2nd pump with the prop and a few other parts and buy the swirl from impros.

550headache

tobacco grower
call dave at impros. I have never ridden a 140 or 144 pumped fx1 but I do know that changing to the swirl gave me a lot of bottom end power. with the regular it was a little flat on the bottom but get in the upper bottom/mid and it really pulled. with the swirl it just flat out pulls. even smoked my buddy with his built up sxi pro on the river with 1 foot chop.

I have no fiberglass skills so I didn't want to destroy my rare ski. I'm happy with my choice.

just joe

Site Supporter
If it were me, I would send it to Impros. They can re-pitch it and cut it back for you. On the FX-1, getting the stock pump to preform at its best with your motor and riding style is important.

Does it have a B pipe? If not, get one. It's the single best mod by far, then have the prop pitched.

got to ride the ski today...so much better but definetly could still get even better. Gonna talk to skat & impros and see if a swirl is really worth it...ski is so clean Im not ready to cut it up yet! It does not have a bpipe yet, that is definetly on the list though! Ive heard superjet mod chambers fit without too much work?

You won't want to go through the hassle of a pump swap when you ride a properly set up fx1. Bpipe, 185psi head, msd cdi, light flywheel. If you get that far, get the skat swirl 20/25 and have them pitch it to a 20/26. At that power level that pitch is perfect with great bottom end.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I had a 19/24 solas on the ski along with a jet dynamics intake grate and ride plate and it sucked even before I had the 185psi head and MSD.

It really sucked once I put a wet wolf cone on it. Zero hook up under 15mph.

Needless to say, I put in the new prop and it's a worlds difference.

Hmm looks like I'm gonna have to try the swirl then! I will prob get the lower pitch for now and then have impros repitch it once I get a pipe and head and stuff. Thanks for the info!

According to skat trak it sounds like this is the swirl prop they make for the fx1 and they call it an "R" swirl. Seems to work pretty good, but could still be better. You guys think it would be worth having impros repitch it to an 18-23? I dont really plan on any motor mods at the moment.

So lilevo you did not like the wetwolf cone? Did you try it with the swirl prop? I got one with the ski but havent put it on yet, anyone else try the wetwolf cone?

I like my wetwolf cone, I wouldnt worry about the pump swap too much with mild mods. Im running a pipe, ported 770cc 61x with a high compression head, wetwolf pump cone, lightweight flywheel and some other goodies and have no problem hooking up and keeping it hooked.

I had my first ride in the ocean this weekend. I had a tough time keeping the nose down, and the pump in the water. Spent most of the time below 15 knots. Any recomendation to swap a stock plate from the two below?

Thanks!

I just put the one above in as well (the stock one sucked last weekend) also switched from a JD rideplate to a quadrafin...will see how this prop works this weekend hopefully and see which ride plate I like better too. I was surprised how much the JD plate slid around, could be I just wasnt leaning the ski hard enough as I was still used to my squarenose...well see

I like the quadrafin better for sure...I'm hanging on to both for now but the quadrafin def helps keep the nose down and turns much better in my opinion...can still make it slide if you want to but it hooks way better when you want it to.

Cone actually made a very good difference, I am happy enough with it for now to put the pump swap off for awhile.

Top Bottom