stuntbikemike

Time to ride
Figure it out Mike! Im camping!

Cracker... Bronson.. Fixed steer SJ
Trinity.....Bobby.... Trinity SXR
Stunt Bike.. Mike.... SJ
Chris.................... SJ
and I think Suzi...... Blaster

bro, i called the trailer rental place. waiting for a call back. i hope it's not too late to get a trailer. if it is, then we'll just have to figure it out...

SuziQ

Banned
is there a place like that near the beach....cause i would be flying in.....Cracker is the one that will be making the cross country trip with six skis....he won't have the ablilty to pull the camper....so we would need a place that rents and puts the trailer on the beach....any ideas

I'll may fly out early...def count me out on any type of trailer at least! Still looking at the vacation rental homes though...let know if not interested in that any longer or the hotel and I will change options depending on if anyone else is in.

Could someone please provide an address for the surf spot as well as the campground for orientation (or something close...even a business name)?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
I'll may fly out early...def count me out on any type of trailer at least! Still looking at the vacation rental homes though...let know if not interested in that any longer or the hotel and I will change options depending on if anyone else is in.

Could someone please provide an address for the surf spot as well as the campground for orientation (or something close...even a business name)?

Here is the address of the amtrak station right out side the entrace that most people use to access the beach where every one is camped. The beach is miles long, but this is one of two entrances to the beach.

180 West Grand Avenue
Grover Beach, CA 93433

Here is a google map. Just south of Grand Ave. is the other entrance on Pier Ave.

If you enter the beach on Pier, camping is about 1 mile south, give or take.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...71&spn=0.011829,0.040169&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=0

SuziQ

Banned
tyvm (and sry to junk up your roll call thread...if need to move all, we understand).

Mike, sounds like where you wish to put this camper is not directly in front of the surf spot as you mentioned, but down near the campgrounds instead in Oceano Dunes...you may wish to double check the info you gave me (I'm not sure).

Will we need a four wheel drive vehicle, as some of the sites I have seen mention? We were going to get a plain trailblazer instead?

So a quick question, I am teying to reserve a site but i would like to know if you can pick one and if so which ones would you recommend. Ill be in a tent with a full size crew cab and a small trailer if that helps.

Nefarious

Can't... Stop... Modding
There are not 'sites' on the beach. You basically show up and lay claim to as much (or little) sand as you'd like.

Regarding 4wd: it's good to have but you can get around it by driving smart and lowering tire pressure. I've seen saturns & civics down on the beach before. Just stay out of the soft stuff and you'll be fine.

2ride

Enjoy Life...
There are not 'sites' on the beach. You basically show up and lay claim to as much (or little) sand as you'd like.

Regarding 4wd: it's good to have but you can get around it by driving smart and lowering tire pressure. I've seen saturns & civics down on the beach before. Just stay out of the soft stuff and you'll be fine.

I will show up early and mark off an area w/tape. Don't worry the beach is empty this time of the year.

Cuong..

Ohhhh! I have to bail....you see (and TRY not to laugh) I'm actually an ordained minister and have been asked to officiate at a wedding that weekend. Since it's for an old friend (she races Women's Pro Am Ski though - if that counts for anything...LOL!), so it looks like you guys will have to celebrate all these birthdays without me.

It's looking like it'll be fun, and would have been the first time in quite a while I could just kick back, relax, ride and have fun. Ah well...next time.

PS: Suzi - you seriously WANT to stay on the beach - it's too much fun to miss.

LP

Last edited:

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
Yeah Buddy......reservations made.......IM STOKED.......Flying into SLO noon on the weds 12th.....where is the safety meeting:cool: the skis wont be there till the 13th....anybody know a good place to chill:beerchug: ?

Last edited:

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
Ohhhh! I have to bail....you see (and TRY not to laugh) I'm actually an ordained minister and have been asked to officiate at a wedding that weekend. Since it's for an old friend (she races Women's Pro Am Ski though - if that counts for anything...LOL!), so it looks like you guys will have to celebrate all these birthdays without me.

It's looking like it'll be fun, and would have been the first time in quite a while I could just kick back, relax, ride and have fun. Ah well...next time.

PS: Suzi - you seriously WANT to stay on the beach - it's too much fun to miss.

LP

Is there a bathroom nearby or do we dig?....My girlfriend wants to know

There are "Blue ROoms" parked all over the place, but if I were you, I'd either kiss ass with someone who had a trailer/motorhome with a bathroom, or pitch your tent close to one of the new cinder block restrooms - which are kept pretty clean and don't generally reek.

At the beach entrance there are restrooms with pay showers (I think they're a quarter), or there are really nice showers at the State Park RV campgrounds on Pier street (south beach entrance) - left side of the road about two blocks east of the gate. There's a car wash with hose bib fittings one block east of the north beach entrance (right side) so you can flush your ski on the way out. One of the best places to air your tires back up is the Union 76 station on the right side of Grand Avenue going east, about 4-5 blocks east of the car wash.

Have fun you guys...I'm bummin' I'm going to miss this.

LP

Last edited:

C-Rock87

Water Junky
i have some bad news and some good news...the bad: I can't leave for Cali before the 22nd of march because I'll still have school and it'll be finals week. The good: I WILL BE at pismo from the 24th to the 28th of march.

I'm super bummed because I was looking forward to riding with all of you, and I know it'd be a hassle to push back the date. hope some of you local guys can make it out during my ride trip to rip it up.

2ride

Enjoy Life...
I'll ride w/you...
i have some bad news and some good news...the bad: I can't leave for Cali before the 22nd of march because I'll still have school and it'll be finals week. The good: I WILL BE at pismo from the 24th to the 28th of march.

I'm super bummed because I was looking forward to riding with all of you, and I know it'd be a hassle to push back the date. hope some of you local guys can make it out during my ride trip to rip it up.

ah screw finals you can retake the classes things like this are way more important.
Jk. I know how you feel my buddies were gonna go with me till we found out it was there finals week.

C-Rock87

Water Junky
I'll ride w/you...
Awesome Cuong, i'd love to ride with you! I'll pm you soon with my phone #.

ah screw finals you can retake the classes things like this are way more important.
Jk. I know how you feel my buddies were gonna go with me till we found out it was there finals week.

Ya what a great time for me to have mid terms, but what can you do, right? I'm just happy i'm coming over to ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom