Surfriding Pismo Springbreak Freeride - March 9, 10 & 11, 2012

The Annual Pismo Springbreak Freeride in on. This event started 12 years ago with just a handful of people that went to celebrate Cuong Son's bithday with some Jetskis at the beach. The event has now grown to a full scale invasion of riders from all around the country who come to ride surf, play in the dunes, and enjoy themselves with good friends and family.

aaa2011LRMJKPismoEndOfSeason010.jpg

Heres some info for the Pismo first timer. Originally written and posted by Mark Gomez (Thanks Mark!).

Hey everyone I decided to make this thread for the upcoming Pismo trip so as many details and helpful information could be found on one thread.

What?

Pismo Springbreak Freeride!!
March 9, 10 & 11, 2012

Where?

Pismo Beach - MILE MARKER 4

attachment.php

Where?
Pismo/ Oceano Dune’s
See attached map
attachment.php

From 101 Freeway take Grand Ave exit until you cross a set of train tracks that takes you to the beach entrance about 500 feet ahead. (see Map photo for a birds eye)

Grand Ave has everything from, Markets, 7-11’s, Restaurants, Coin washes, Banks, Gas, and almost everything else you will need on the way in or out of the beach.

Entrances:

The Grand ave entrance is open from 6am to 11pm

If you arrive or need to leave late the Pier ave entrance is open 24 hours. (see Pier ave attached map)
attachment.php

Depending on the time of year this entrance is usually the most hard packed.

Don’t forget to Air Down and or bring tow straps!!!

Camping:
Through www.Reserveamerica.com you can pre order your camping passes for $10 a night. Pre purchasing tickets seem to make it a much more less questions asked entry to the beach for all the gear and shenanigans we tend to bring in the back of our trucks/ trailers.
The location is actually considered the Oceano Dunes. The Direct link to Oceano Dunes reservations for our weekend is here http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...new&contractCode=CA&parkId=120065&search=site

Pismo is well known to be BLOWN out. Pismo can also be very nice weather but it never hurts to prepare for cold and heavy winds blowing constantly from 11am to 7pm.

Tents:
• Stake or sand bag em down!
• Dig a burm facing the wind and throw a tarp over the top of your tent anchoring it down with the weight of the sand burm to deflect the wind and morning dew that will soak your tent.

RV’s/Trailers:

• Please keep an eye out on arrival park in a semi circle with other RVS to help block the wind for the party in the center!
• You will make plenty of friends with a place to hang out, shower, or use your bathroom.

• Want to rent an RV? These people deliver on the beach!
http://www.luv2camp.com/

attachment.php

Quads/ Sand toys:
• Have legit registration
• Must have a flag whip and helmet to ride around even “in the campsites”
• Pismo Sheriffs are quick to issue and investigate possible DUI’s so have fun but be cautious.
• 15MPH on the sand highway in front of the camp across the whole beach.

What will be going on and who will be there?

• Liquid Militia plans to arrive Thursday afternoon to be one of well over 40 confirmed people along with other big industry heavy hitters such as Ronny Mac, Ross Champion, Jerry F^$king Brandon, Taylor Curtis, Cuong Son, and more to be confirmed.

• People will be in or out of the water riding the gnarly to mellow Pismo surf. It is quite possible high winds will come through anywhere around 11am-2pm and not lighten up until about 6-8pm. Most people hop on their quads and dirtbikes and demolish the sand dunes 100 yards behind from the campsite.

• There are a few out houses along the campsite other than that bring an RV or make friends with people who have one.

• Please bring firewood to pitch into the community bonfire because pismo does get pretty dark and chilly at night.

• As the tide comes up move your stuff. It makes us look bad when nobody can drive down the beach. The last thing we want is everyone cursing us (including the rangers) because they have to weave between ski's and cars parked too low. Try to leave room for 2 rows of traffic to drive through thanks!

• Please leave your gas in your ski’s and other toys, the pismo sheriffs have blamed and harassed Liquid Militia for the last few fireball incidents. So please do not throw any fire bombs or Liquid Militia will not be able to come to pismo anymore. Also leave your high explosive fireworks at home because that too, is no good for our event. There will be plenty of man soda’s, music and other non flammable shenanigans to go around all night to keep the party bumpin. Thank you very much!

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
thanks for pimping the freerides Charlie! Give me a chance to Update some of that information next time. a lot of it is specific to the event I wrote it for a year or two ago. See everyone there with or without a ski.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Is anyone driving to Daytona that would have room to bring a rn hull back for me? Then I'm hoping I can find someone to get it from the Pismo Freeride up to my area. My cousin has a spare hull for me to build off of.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Parts are on the way thats all i am gonna say hey hey hey parts are the way, dancin in the sun.... playin the water all day heyhey heyhey. Call me what you will, pismo is a thrill.

Singing...join in or maybe a little Daytona jingle.

kraqus

Site Supporter
Parts are on the way thats all i am gonna say hey hey hey parts are the way, dancin in the sun.... playin the water all day heyhey heyhey. Call me what you will, pismo is a thrill.

Singing...join in or maybe a little Daytona jingle.

What did you get?
I am not working that weekend that's for sure....

Benny

Im Hopeing to have my new hull done buy then.. if not im rocking my square!! And my big wheel. (Its the one above charlie posted a picture of.)

loictahiti

Site Supporter
nobody can come there ?

what kind of weather, it ' ll should be ????

I ask that, because i ll should come , but terrify about cold , and cold water , how many swimsuit milimeter we need to have ? ;-))))

in my country we have beautifull weather, hot blue water, big reef wave, but never big surf session with a lot of rider .....it 's missing , i 'll to try somewhere , may be in US , may be in France ....

thanks

What did you get?
I am not working that weekend that's for sure....

Benny

Hey new ada head carbon pipe and gonna get my nozzle bored. Hoping to have ski clinic help with final tuning.

Top Bottom