Plug for pisser hole in hull

Jcary85

Site Supporter
What have people used to plug a hole where a pisser used to be that doesn’t look like crap? I need to relocate a pisser but don’t want to just slap a stainless bolt in there. Ideas? Thanks!

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Ya I normally would but I actually don’t have room. I’m trying to move my water box up and the pisser for the pipe will touch the water box coupler if I don’t move it.

FYI, with an aluminum bolt you could round it off pretty easily to look less bolt like. It'll still be hex shaped, but "roundy" on the face. Mcmaster sells such aluminum bolts.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Take a piece of duck tape and cover the hole. Use a small piece turned backwards stuck to the tape directly over the hole. Take some 5 minute epoxy and fill from the back side, make a larger patch of epoxy on the inside. Once cured, remove the tape and cover with a sticker.

Jcary85

Site Supporter
How much room inside do you have? Could you use a countersunk washer and bolt like rickter footholds use?
That’s a decent idea. I’m kinda leaning towards a bolt of some type that looks like it’s on purpose. I’ll experiment. Thanks for all the ideas!

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Had this same problem a few years ago.And wanted to go ride later that afternoon.Tape on outside,JB weld on the inside.Couple hours later (remove tape) l was at the lake.Held for 2 years with a sticker over the outside.
Yea,JB weld

I have used (M8) stainless carriage bolts very successfully in the past. Countered with a big washer and a nut from the inside. If you want you can paint them to match your hull color or what ever. A bit of sealant and your good to go in minutes...s-l400.jpg

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I have used (M8) stainless carriage bolts very successfully in the past. Countered with a big washer and a nut from the inside. If you want you can paint them to match your hull color or what ever. A bit of sealant and your good to go in minutes...View attachment 386532[/
QUOTE]
IMHO-over thinking
Y’all have taken something so simple and complicated it.You could have already fixed it and been done as long as this thread has gone on
Have a nice day.....

be_lain

Currently sending it
Conical washers with countersunk Allen bolts look the best in my opinion. Blocked off a few bolt holes in my hull and I don’t lose any sleep over how it looks

Top Bottom