FX-1 Poles! ATP vs XMetal...

I'm trying to decide which pole to get for my F1 Pro... I really like the looks/weight/quality of the ATP pole, but I think the Xmetal pole might match the lines of the FX1 better and I can get them used for half the price of the ATP (no chance of finding a used ATP). Thoughts?

001fx1.gif

Only pic I could find of an ATP on an FX1. Anyone have pics of either the ATP or Xmetal poles on FX1s?

Not quite the same, thats x-metal vs RRP, not x-metal vs ATP. ;)

Apparently RRP isn't in consideration . I think it does change things a little since its on an FX1

I do recall seeing an RRP Pole on an FX1 and liked the looks. Upon seating I can't find anything on google. I think it was a craigslist ad from sometime ago where a guy was selling the FX1 with the handle pole.

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
ATP just copied RRP and slightly changed the design, same as the Titan.... My post still stands lol

When i had my cast RRP i mounted it on my FX1 loved the look of it but sold because i needed some Brapp parts. i see if i can dig up the photos.

I can get the ATP for $1050 with custom colors/chinpad and it is lighter than the ***. I know that *** has their new lightweight pole out now that weighs the same, but it is several hundred more and looks like a gosh darn abortion(first trimester of course, and the result of a legitimate rape). $1400+ for the same deal? Shut the front door! I think the Titan looks like a decrepit donkey too and they are more of a copy than the ATP.

The good thing about the *** is that you can sell it used for $50 less than what you originally paid for it!

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Uh... It's 1050 for there light weight one.... How do I know this? Just bought one, so your little rant is Irrelevant

Hey man I've got an fx1 (currently in build mode) and I decided to go with the atp pole. I think I might have a picture of it on my ski, I will check. Its a realllly nice product, love the billet for the same price as rrp cast (new of course). And Chris at atp is an awesome guy to deal with. Great communication, fast responses. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just wanted to let you know that I had a great experience with atp and I think the pole looks sweet on the FX. I got quite a few compliments at the pismo freeride for it

Hey man I've got an fx1 (currently in build mode) and I decided to go with the atp pole. I think I might have a picture of it on my ski, I will check. Its a realllly nice product, love the billet for the same price as rrp cast (new of course). And Chris at atp is an awesome guy to deal with. Great communication, fast responses. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just wanted to let you know that I had a great experience with atp and I think the pole looks sweet on the FX. I got quite a few compliments at the pismo freeride for it

Can you run a pole spring with the ATP?

Gotcha. For me, the extra couple pounds of the RRP pole doens't matter. Thats what a pole spring is for.

I also think this holds true for the lightweight RRP pole. Yes, it is lighter but I think it's more or less for visual appeal.

Last edited:
I'd look for a wdk pole....complete the package

pm augustuf...pretty sure he still has a brand spankin new one......integrated chinpad..strongest design ever

pm me if you have any F1pro specific questions......

I don't think the WDK pole is adjustable. I really want something I can easily change both for setting up my ride position and so I can use it on a different hull if I upgrade eventually.

Post up your pics if you get a chance, I'd love to see them.

Top Bottom