ported cases

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
h27BA06B1

Was a serious question. I am going to pick up a set and just wanted to know what to look for. I dont know poop about porting and wanted to make sure these cases were not fuct up

Pictures of non ported and ported cases would help you, you can see some in engine for sale threads where they show the intake port. piratelife suggestion is good. If the seller doesn't know if they are ported, have a look for grinding and polishing marks, in the intake tract look at the side walls for fine brush like marks from finish sanding wheels, look at the top outside corners of intake tract wall where they lay the wall back and blend. Porting work leaves a non cast finish. Hope this helps

4evegeva.jpg
this looks to be CPT or art or even lpw case porting (very basic).
6apenyqy.jpg
here is some of zero's case porting. Notice how its blasted. Screams porting similar but they fill the finger area under reeds.
3e4yzu5y.jpg
here is waxheads port job, also blasted.
gy8yhyna.jpg
here is arts work. He polishes it to look pretty and nice but air travels better on a rough surface.
aguryza7.jpg
here is Riva. Also shiny to look pretty. Very minimal porting.
5ezegunu.jpg
here is CPT. Scary people pay for this honestly.
e5ygu9a8.jpg
here is a blue / Jetmaniac motor. Decent cost effective port job. Filled and blasted and a decent amount removed. The list goes on .....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ProSouth

In my opinion. You only want polishing on the intake side. The air fuel ratio mixes up better, polished on the exhaust side. That's how I set mine up. But mine are definitely too good to picture. Lmao. Even "basic" porting goes a long way on stock stroke motors with smaller bores. Funny how xscream motors hit just about the hardest but don't compare to yours. And lpw's basic porting hits hard also. You may want to put down the weed and the laptop for a few years js/sj, bashing peoples work isn't smart business, bucko

ProSouth

You want polishing on the exhaust side. Maybe you should put down the weed and laptop.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Was that a question? Because, your illiterate and I can't tell what your saying.
You just said polishing helps flow better, but you don't want it on the exhaust side? why?
I tell you what, build a stock stroke motor with 62t cases and whatever bore you want. Port the hell out of those cases, come on down here this summer for the southern fried freeride and we can put it up against my 61x/61x motor. Single carb. You can run duals. We can even have an lpw motor there for your pleasure. Put it in a square or RN.

Top Bottom