post the best deal you have gotten from craigslist

I'll start. Monday I picked up a super clean 1990 SN with a ton of mods (ro tec pipe, prop, aluminum handlepole, MSD enhancer, Aftermarket waterbox, westcoast head, fresh rebuild, top loader, ride plate and some other stuff) , beach dolley, shop cart, and aluminum beach stand for $500. Even had a new gel cel battery

I'll post some pics tomorrow. I just got it stripped down ready for paint.

Only problem I found was three broken motor mounts and a ceased midshaft. He problably thought his newly rebuilt engine locked on him at the river. this is the first locked mid shaft ive seen.

Forgot it also came with a SJ cover.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Wow... thats tough to beat... Lets see.. 2 BRAND NEW AC? beach stands for $75- both.. Bought a Jeep Cherokee a couple yrs ago for 800.. did some work- lifted(ebay parts) & tires, sold about 18mo later for 3500.. :-D

I LOVE Ebay and Craigslist.. More so Craigslist, ebay is getting bad...

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
650 square + 750 sx + single trailer for $500.

I sold the trailer that day for $50
I sold the 750 soon after for $500

about a month later someone stole the square out of my yard.

2 - '98 Sxi's. One had a BRAND new motor from the factory and the other was a complete hull less motor and ebox - for $500
Build one and sold it for $1300 and sold the ther hull for $500

then... a buddy gave me a '91 VXR on a Zieman trailer that he got at an auction. All he wanted was his $500 back. So I sold the ski for $750, pocketed $250 and kept the trailer to double out for two stand ups. I think I sold the trailer for $500 ish a while later.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
not craigslist but I hauled off 2 raiders with good motors, titles and a double trailer from someones driveway. I was so nice that I didn't even charge them for the service.

Not as good of a deal but I got a mid ninety's xp from behind a mobile home with trailer but no title. I also didn't charge them for the service.

Its all about the surf!
I have you all beat. Last year I picked up a 96 RN SJ(with a b pipe) and a Sea Doo HX and a double place trailer from a dude stressed for cash for $1500. I put the Sea Doo HX on a single place trailer which had previously been given to me for free and resold it four months later for $2200, which basicly left me with a profit of $700 and a double placed trailer and the 96 RN which cost me nothing. I'm still stoked!

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
1996 Dual Carb Waveblaster with ONE original hour, AND a 1994 Superjet, ONE original hour, with covers, shop carts, life vests, AND a brand new - used once dry suit, for.....
$1500.

Brand new 2007 Sea Doo RXP, 4 original hours, with trailer, life vest, anchor, etc. (this was in spring of 2008) for......$3900.

.....and those aren't even my BEST craigslist bargains.
(If I posted them, even the guys here who don't hate me yet would hate me)

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Back in 2005 I picked up a 2001 GP760, a 2003 Ultra 150, and a 2001 SJ for $8200.
I sold both couches for $8400.
After a couple of parts and cost for the trip, I got my four year old SJ in pretty much mint condition for $700 or so.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
One more:

A FREE 1996 30' center console, motors stolen, but everything else there.....sitting on a $3,000 trailer.

(realtor got it from a bank on a foreclosed waterfront house)

Last edited:

Its all about the surf!
There's some sweet deals out there in this crappy economy. I'm building/reinforcing my back up "free" SJ right now. Tomski just picked up a super clean 96 RN for $900 in San Diego

I'll start. Monday I picked up a super clean 1990 SN with a ton of mods (ro tec pipe, prop, aluminum handlepole, MSD enhancer, Aftermarket waterbox, westcoast head, fresh rebuild, top loader, ride plate and some other stuff) , beach dolley, shop cart, and aluminum beach stand for $500. Even had a new gel cel battery

I'll post some pics tomorrow. I just got it stripped down ready for paint.

did you pick that up in OC? i think i saw it last week or so.

my best deal is an all stock mint 1990 complete 440 with 15 hours on it for only $400. not as good as some but it's MY best.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
i have you all beat. Last year i picked up a 96 rn sj(with a b pipe) and a sea doo hx and a double place trailer from a dude stressed for cash for $1500. I put the sea doo hx on a single place trailer which had previously been given to me for free and resold it four months later for $2200, which basicly left me with a profit of $700 and a double placed trailer and the 96 rn which cost me nothing. I'm still stoked!

that is a screaming deal!!!! Wow!!

95FX1

brrrrraaaaaappppppp
This $100 X2...
hahahahahaha

Bone stock...with the pontoons....That are for sale for 100bux plus shipping

minty condition....just dusty and dirty....

But sweeeeeeeeet

Attachments

• x2-4.jpg
    x2-4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 80
  • x2-2.jpg
    x2-2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Top Bottom