Surfriding Post you love for the front sponson (tubbie)

WAB

salty nuts
There are still some holdouts that need to be enlightened on the greatness that is the front parabolic sponson.
Preach the Gospel to your fellow surfriders

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
dear 6 pound 5 once baby Jesus, the tubbie is one of the blessed mods a modern man can do to his ski. one day, man thinks buying tubbie 1's..... but now baby Jesus says Destroyers. amen.

i have them on my sj.. but never felt anything so i didn't put them on my fx.. i think its only for larger people benifits and how good of a rider you are.. just my experience i know i am going to get some heat

butti

lone wolf
front sponsons are for girly men:cheer2:haha and superjets..

there,fixed

Last edited:
I love the tubbie 2's and would not be able to ride aggressive like I want w/o them. Keeps the nose from dipping in hard turns and overall makes handling more precise. LOVE EM!!!!!

AAAAAAAMMMMMEEEENNNNN!!!!!

I'll never ride a stock ski without them. I am dying to try a superfreak ski though.

his hulls are so fast and turn so quick w/ the rocker. It threw me off a couple times, but with time on it I think anyone could up there riding ability w/ one. If I was to purchase one I would have him make it at about 80lbs instead of 55lbs, because for me it felt too light for the surf... Maybe I am just not used to it, but boats that light just are so difficult to be smooth on.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
tubbie destroyers- how durable are these if there not glassed on?

#zero sponsons- anyone using these? i like the clean look of having them glassed on.

its not a matter of price, ill pay for the best!

tubbie destroyers- how durable are these if there not glassed on?

#zero sponsons- anyone using these? i like the clean look of having them glassed on.

its not a matter of price, ill pay for the best!

I have been beating my my destroyers for a year now with no silicone or anything. Just bolted on.

I LOVE them in the surf. They make the ski carve hard on flat water, but from time to time the boat does start to just lean over on flat water and sometimes I get some chine walk.
Right now I am running a stock plate with worx 201 grate. Thinking of trying a d cut or something to see if it helps the flat water stability.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I love the way my 07 handles with the #zero sponsons. Anytime someone rides that ski the first thing they ask is why is rides so well. I blame it on the Tubbies.

I wouldn't own a Superjet without them now. #zeros though...I had the Blowsion Tubbies and didn't like them near as much.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
fyi the #zero and tom21 tubbies are the same product, it was a team effort between the 2 of them to develop them. Can't go wrong either way, I've got them on my ski too.

Top Bottom