Super Jet Problem Installing ADA Girdled Head W/ Stock Exhaust & Intake

I'm working on the girdled head install and having problems with the stock exhaust mounting to the exhaust adapter. There is about 3/4" interference with the girdled head on each side. Has anyone run into this? Can't find anything thru search or the ADA site. It looks like you have to carve off of the stock SJ cast aluminum exhaust adapter. Is that OK? Also the stock air intake interferes as well. Is this something else that has to get carved off? Also, how do you run the tiny exhaust hose to the head? The fittings that come with the head are for the rear water hose and a plug for the front hole. See below pics:

mount the bracket to the girdle bolts instead of the head bolts? But more importantly get an a/m exhaust. =)
That would make the interference worse. Here you on the exhaust... doing things in stages and like the smooth power band of the stock exhaust for now.

why the hell do you have a girdled head, and pay for a girdled head on a boat with stock exhaust?

step 1: buy b pipe, or really any other pipe...
step 2: no mounting issues.

done.
Why? Because when I put a B pipe on I'll want a girdled head. For now it's a stock exhaust :)

why the hell do you have a girdled head, and pay for a girdled head on a boat with stock exhaust?

step 1: buy b pipe, or really any other pipe...
step 2: no mounting issues.

done.

thats also what the reed spacer does. gets the carbs away from the head so the air box or AM filters clear. riva makes tall adaptors, which clear the head without the reed spacer. the first mod on any SJ is a stainless prop, not a pipe. this carbon tech built RN with a stock pipe rips like it has a B=pipe and without the $800 loss.

Attachments

• DSCF4263.JPG
    DSCF4263.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 216

88kawi5fiddy

pew pew lazers!
either way its not the head first. im also doubting that it wouldnt hit even harder with a b pipe so i dont think a pipe is an 800 dollar "loss"

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
thats also what the reed spacer does. gets the carbs away from the head so the air box or AM filters clear. riva makes tall adaptors, which clear the head without the reed spacer. the first mod on any SJ is a stainless prop, not a pipe. this carbon tech built RN with a stock pipe rips like it has a B=pipe and without the $800 loss.
Just looking at this image, are both outlets on the head going out to a pisser?

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
Awesome. so stock pipe, girdled head ! I'm just putting an ADA in my SJ with stock pipe and had planned to block off one of the outlets from the head. Your setup would be like putting a Y in between the outlets to the pisser. Does that not flow the water away too quickly? obviously it works for you

i didnt set the boat up, it was built by carbon tech and i really havent even looked at it. i do know that you dont want the motor to run too cold, so do what ever you have to do to keep it the proper temp.

mwalker

HMS Yamaha
i didnt set the boat up, it was built by carbon tech and i really havent even looked at it. i do know that you dont want the motor to run too cold, so do what ever you have to do to keep it the proper temp.
Do you have the contact info for carbon tech?

Top Bottom