Prop

I am looking at gettting a new prop for my ski and im overwhelmed with the options that exist. I have a SXR 800 and it is completely stock. I am looking for a prop that will give me low end rip. Not to worried about top speed. So the question is what is the best prop for what i have and what i am looking for?

Thanks

nykerk31

The stock prop is darn good, but I would burn money else where. The wet pipe is going to be your biggest hit for bottom, If you dont want to go the pipe route or spend allot of money then get a Timing advancer, 80mm nozzle bore, Wet wolf cone and a scoop grate. I did these simple cheap mods while I was waiting for my wet pipe to come in and they made a nice diff., not huge like a pipe though!! Good luck!

Last edited:
The stock impeller is a great design (a good copy of the 13/18 C-75 Swirl), but with a simple repitch and set back, you can get a lot more bottom end out of it. Have it pitched to a 12/17 and you'll like it a lot better. Cost is very low $, much less than replacing it with an aftermarket.
David

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
What about the stock prop on a 99 Kaw 750SXI/Pro? I'm in process of adding the Factory limited pipe, milled head, bored nozzle, WW short cone this winter. Could I leave the prop alone and should be fine? Is the stock prop a good design? Stainless? Pitch? Oh, I also have a R&D top loader intake grate.

:thinking:

What about the stock prop on a 99 Kaw 750SXI/Pro? I'm in process of adding the Factory limited pipe, milled head, bored nozzle, WW short cone this winter. Could I leave the prop alone and should be fine? Is the stock prop a good design? Stainless? Pitch? Oh, I also have a R&D top loader intake grate.

:thinking:

No comparison to the SXR OEM impeller. You'd be better off getting your hands on someone's take-off SXR impeller and having it pitched and set back for your set up.

By the way, I forgot to agree with the guy on boring that tiny nozzle to 80-81mm. Good call.
David

Oh no. We sell them both, but my suggestion changes with the set up. The Dynafly is a better closed course impeller. For Kerk, we'd have to custom pitch a Dynafly to get him all the bottom he's after. We can sell him a 9/17 Skat as it is for less money and he'll have better bottom than a Dynafly outta the box.
D
hey Dave, have you gone away from the Dynafly's now??

Nykerk31,
You now have the advice of the best person out there. Dave at Impros is the man.

By the way, I used to race an SXR and my experience has been the same as the other suggestions given so far. Stock prop is pretty good....maybe repitch and bore nozzle to 80mm.

Top Bottom