Other PWC oil is gone...

Waternut

Customizing addict
Anyone else finding it very difficult to buy pwc oil these days? I've been using the Pennzoil full synthetic marine oil for the last 3-4 years and love it. It's been readily available at 2 of the 3 walmarts near me (not the one closest to me though). However, every place I can think of locally doesn't carry it anymore and I can't find it online either. Even last fall, I couldn't find it. So I decided to start using quiksilver since a lot of people use it successfully. That isn't sold anywhere either. Even Academy sports which was my fall out last year in a pinch doesn't carry anything.

The only thing I can find is something called Mystik full synthetic for $19 a gallon. At that price, I'm a little worried about quality though. Every where else sells about 5-10 different types of outboard and TCW-3 oils.

wydopen

onthepipe
ive been using shell "nautilus" 2stroke oil from the gas station in all my skis sense i started riding....never had a problem and there is even a built in ratio rite..

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
I found most of the walmarts by me do not carry the oil either. I have to go to one specific walmart to find it.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I've been using/buying Quicksilver from/at Walmart for years.
I can't believe that it's gonna go away because soooo many fisherman use it.
But, I had to buy the "big jug" (2.5 gal) when I usually buy the gal jug. The only other option was pints. (on the shelf)

Any TCW-3 oil should br o.k. But I understand wanting the good stuff. Quicksilver for "extreme marine conditions", the black label, to me is the good stuff.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I was under the impression that we shouldn't use TCW-3. Is it ok to use?

I do plan to order some Klotz fairly soon so I'll have some when the last quart of my current Pennzoil gallon is gone but I need some dino oil for my engine break in and I don't want to buy a ton of dino oil.

I was under the impression that we shouldn't use TCW-3. Is it ok to use?

I do plan to order some Klotz fairly soon so I'll have some when the last quart of my current Pennzoil gallon is gone but I need some dino oil for my engine break in and I don't want to buy a ton of dino oil.

The two main specs are TCW-3 for outboards and JASO for air cooled/high performance engines. TCW-3 is fine for freeride skis and have the best corrosion protection. Common DFI synthetic outboard oil is a high temp ashless formula, good stuff but smells horrible.

I use ipone synthetic snowmobile oil, smells great, and burns with very litte ash/carbon. I used penzoil outboard oil for a while last year with an old sea-doo couch with no problems.

I use ipone synthetic snowmobile oil, smells great, and burns with very litte ash/carbon. I used penzoil outboard oil for a while last year with an old sea-doo couch with no problems.

The term "ashless" and "low ash" refers to the type of detergent in the oil. Ashless is low temp and low ash is high temp. This mainly applies to cheap standardized oil. You can get high temp ashless if an expensive ester base is used.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
The two main specs are TCW-3 for outboards and JASO for air cooled/high performance engines. TCW-3 is fine for freeride skis and have the best corrosion protection. Common DFI synthetic outboard oil is a high temp ashless formula, good stuff but smells horrible.

l've been using Quiksilver premium plus outboard 2 stroke oil in one of my skis.Which is all l can get here in the sticks.Pistons look fine after last summer's riding.l have seen the same oil Flightplan uses only in florida,not here.So am l hurting my engine by using the outboard oil ? Am l reading correctly?

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
l've been using Quiksilver premium plus outboard 2 stroke oil in one of my skis.Which is all l can get here in the sticks.Pistons look fine after last summer's riding.l have seen the same oil Flightplan uses only in florida,not here.So am l hurting my engine by using the outboard oil ? Am l reading correctly?

run it....

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore

Standup engines never have to deal with heat long enough to need a high temp detergent. Thats why outboard oil is generally best. A stock seadoo makes as much power as our hottest engines and runs WOT for the whole tank, they need an aircooled spec.

Top Bottom