Other quick steer Turn Plate Issue

So after installing a quick steer plate on my 2012 Superjet i noticed an issue after riding last season. it appears that the stopper for the stock turn plate isnt working like it should. With the bars at a full lock, the turn plate is about 1/4 inch or so away from the center stopper. the bad part about this is it is putting stress on my turn cable, i noticed that the cable was getting bent at the end.. probably due to slamming the bars that one way and having it not be stopped by the stopper but stopping cause its at max turn

turnplate_zps7194a314.jpg

in the pic.. the bars are at full lock.. and u can see that the cable is bottomed out and the turn plate isnt touching the stopper in the middle

what do u think ishould do to fix this??

was thinking bout installing some hard rubber peices on the side of the stopper in middle so the plate hits it and prevents the cable from getting bent and beat on

what do u think???

you can cut some of the cable end off, so it screws on farther and lets the stop bottom out. you can cut it clear back to just before the spring. you may also have to cut some of the cable threads off. thats the problem with aftermarket stuff, you have to modify $hit to make it work the way it should have when you bought it.

so i did some thinking and reading your posts, and basically with adjusting the cable / moving the cable post inward i was able to make the turnplate hit the stopper when the nozzle is at full lock.

adjustment1_zps6900b504.jpg

adjustment2_zpse8cc3af1.jpg

adjustment3_zpsc8a011be.jpg

My Only Question now is. By how i adjusted the cable and the cable post, Did this effect my perfomance of the quick steer plate??? The nozzle is even when the bars are straight and I adjusted it so at both lock points it is maxed out left/right

Remember this is a 2012 Superjet , and as we all know they turn like dogs.. the quicksteer plate defintly helped my turning night and day difference over stock when i had it setup the way it was before, but I also dont wanna destroy my turn cable by having it bend ya know
Basically is the groove there for performance or is it to make sure your turn cable is adjusted correctly

down at the plastic turn nozzle, you can drill another hole and mount the ball end closer to the center of the nozzle. that will give you more throw both ways and make it turn sharper. basically a quick steer at the back too. also, i never leave any threads showing on the cable at the bars. those threads are weak and the cable can snap there. i always take extra nuts and cover those threads to make it solid.

djraider700

lol wut?
if youre running the stock cable, you are at it's limits. schmity1 here on the forums makes a nice cable with even more throw than the 96-07 cables. I get full throw both ways with about a 1/4 inch before the cable bottoms out at the stops.

the cable should be under relatively little stress. never use the cable itself as the steering stop.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
You need to swap to the '96-07 cable to get more throw, but, Unfortunately, you need to mod/fab a new bracket to mount cable on the '08-up pole.

Im the original owner of the ski. Ski only has 25 hours on it , its a 2012. I mean the way its set up right now seems to be the safest to ride. Id rather have less throw than a bent/broken cable. With the way it is setup its adjusted so the nozzle is perfectly maxed out both ways when i turn. The only thing i can see is that it isnt really working as a quick steer setup now.

never ride the thing until the steering is adjusted properly. keep messing with it until its right. making sure the turn plate hits the stops turning right and left is priority one. unless you want to grenade cables. i try to make my boats turn to the right a bit more than the left cause thats the direction i roll. even if it means the bars aint exactly straight when riding straight.

It's as quick steer as it was before you adjusted it. The cable is still moving just as far, still turning the nozzle the same amount, you're just pushing the bars a little bit farther so you're hitting the stops now.
Drill out the nozzle for quick steer- big difference there.

Yeah id rather not grenade any cables so the way it is now is the way to stay..

Got any pics of the nozzle drilling? If u have them of an 08+ nozzle thatd be great too. I already did the mod to my nozzle to give it a fixed upward degree pitch to it.

Top Bottom