Freestyle RAFP - Riders Against Fist Pumping

I started this thread to consolidate all the fist pumping hatred to one place. I think fist pumping has become an epidemic in the jet ski community. I don't understand why all the riders have to beg for aproval with thier stupid hand gestures. Just ride and let that speak for itself. Now maybe these guys think they are "pumping up" the crowd but I can tell you when I see all this fist pumping, I instantly lose respect for the rider and what they are doing. I love watching guys just go out and throw down. Don't get me wrong alot of fist pumpings' worst offenders are amazing riders but just cut the BS and ride.

Now before we get started we all use the term "fist pumping" but there are many variations that need to be acknowledged as well:

The Original Fist Pump:
6.jpg

The waitress arm flare:
731716-jet-skier.jpg

The Neo:
photo-24-en.jpg

The Dick Measure:
8.jpg

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
I hate to poop on your funny, but i'm gonna... kinda.

After watching some of the freestyle videos, it appears that the moves above (not so much fist pumping) are a way to signal to the crowd that the riders combo is done, and if you wanted to clap/cheer, that is the time. Kinda like a magician I guess.....

Or maybe its 100% douchbaggery and I just like to argue. You never know.

BTW, i'm a fan of the BUN Freestyle guys opening technique, its like a mixture of Princess wave and greeting you on to their crazy Japanese game show.
http://youtu.be/gnF9hv6DotE

Last edited:
S

steveBama

The origin of the fist pump... go on and hate...

Last edited by a moderator:

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
Funny chit Will....

The other day I landed a nice roll in front of a few passing by boats. They started cheering, and I pulled out a fist pump. I felt like a idiot shortly after, knowing how douchey it must have looked. ;(

I've never understood this either... after every friggen thing they do on the ski they wave or fistpump. Backflip? Fistpump. Blip throttle? Fist pump. Left hand turn? Fistpump.

Fuggin ghey if you ask me.

It's for crowd interaction which is a big part of freestyle (and a judged part). It's all a show anyways, if your run is good enough and you have time for a few pumps, I say pump away brotha.

Top Bottom