Read if you have problems with sinus backage sinus infections

2006superjet

just one more part....
i ride somtimes and also am alergic to some things. i had a blocked sinus felt like the nose had to be blowed but nothing came out.
if this pretains to you then buy sinucleanse its 14.99 at most rite aids or cvs

its great it unglogs you passageways and clears you up.
\
think of salt away. and flushing the engine. same stuff just warm water with salt in it.

just my 2 cents

RedBullJunky

my clocks stuck on 4:20
i get sever sinus congestion from doing a million nose stabs every sunday
and the only thing i can do that helps is start taking allergy pills on the way to the lake and keep popping them until about 11 o'clock monday morning.
i tried the flush thing and i think it made min worse. the stuff i bought was a saline powder that you mixed with water. i used to use a pill called aprodine but there are to many ice heads out there making it hard to get because it has seudoephedrine in it. now i take generic cvs stuff.

2006superjet

just one more part....
ya

its not for everyone and the doc is always right or some of the time. the best otc stuff is sudafed 12 hour with the psudofedrine in in make sure it has it in it or its bs they only let you have one pack and scan your id. lol

theres a thing called a netti pot that you put water and sea salt and some stuff in and tilt youre head put it un youre nose and it goes up youre nose and comes back out the other nostrill i did it once it works really good feels really really weird tho

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
I have tried EVERYTHING out there, prescriptions included. The only thing that gives me instant relief is the original Afrin nasal spray. I am fine until I lay down to sleep. A couple of hours later I wake up with completely swollen shut nose. 2 to 3 shots in each nostril and within 10 minutes I have a completely clear nose and sinus passage.

Superjet 9195

Dude... you can jump that
I may be an idiot for saying this, but can you guys not use the nasal plugs that the swimmers use and breath through your mouth, especially if you know you are going to stab, and sub all day long? Does this not work? Like I said I dont know, cause I am still trying to figure out how to stay upright at this point on my ski.

Ryan_G

Yamaha
Claritin D and Naseral Every day. If I keep up with those I have no problems. But I have to take them even when I am not riding otherwise it will not work.

I used to only take the medication before and after riding and it did not work. Once I started using both daily, I had no problems.

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
Would rather deal with the sinus's than wear a plug in my nose. Sometimes when you sub there is a lot of pressure that goes up the nose. I think that a plug may get pushed further in and cause even worse problems.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Word of caution with the sinus meds. I used a product called Flonase for about a month due to similar effects. It caused my sinuses to drain down the back of my throat and into my lungs. A few months later I was admitted to the emergency room with what was at first suspected to be a collapsed lung. It turned out that i now had a fungus growing in my lungs that had reached a critical point. While a round of antibiotics took care of it, I have to wonder what the long term effects will be. To this day (now seven years later) when I sneeze, everyone around me can smell what would seem to be the aroma of fresh cut flowers. Wierd to say the least. I still suffer from cronic sinusitus but would rather suffer than put any drug into my body.

I do something simmlar to that sinucleanse but I use a normal saline solution bottle that I fill with salt and water. I do this in the shower after riding. first give your nostrals a good spray then after that is done I tilt my head back and spray and wait for the saline solution to come out the other nostral. I do this every night even when I don't ride and I have not had a sinus infection yet and normally this time of year I would have at least 2 already

Kaveman

Born in USA(not Kenya)
Word of caution with the sinus meds. I used a product called Flonase for about a month due to similar effects. It caused my sinuses to drain down the back of my throat and into my lungs. A few months later I was admitted to the emergency room with what was at first suspected to be a collapsed lung. It turned out that i now had a fungus growing in my lungs that had reached a critical point. While a round of antibiotics took care of it, I have to wonder what the long term effects will be. To this day (now seven years later) when I sneeze, everyone around me can smell what would seem to be the aroma of fresh cut flowers. Wierd to say the least. I still suffer from cronic sinusitus but would rather suffer than put any drug into my body.

If it smells like roses, bottle it and send me a bottle.:joke:
Seriously though that sucks.

i ride somtimes and also am alergic to some things. i had a blocked sinus felt like the nose had to be blowed but nothing came out.
if this pretains to you then buy sinucleanse its 14.99 at most rite aids or cvs

its great it unglogs you passageways and clears you up.
\
think of salt away. and flushing the engine. same stuff just warm water with salt in it.

just my 2 cents

I use something similarly, makes life nice.

Watty

Random Performance
I find Sudafed an hour or so before riding in a lake, and then another one when you're done seems to work quite well. I get chronic sinus congestion and this does the trick for me.

Short of that, I've got the old motocross roost technique sorted. When you see it (water) coming or you're about to have a get-off, head goes down, and you breathe out through your nose. It doesn't always work, but it saves me at least 50% of the time.

Nasal spray 30 minutes before you hit the water works well too. Basically, anything that clears you up once you have it works well to prevent it before you ride.

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
I found Nasacort to be the best thing out there...2 sprays in each nostril and you are set for the day. Need a prescription.

Top Bottom