Other Recommend some gloves

baxt3r

BBQ
I have some scar tissue on my left hand and I have been losing chunks of skin right where my wedsing band is after long rides. I figure a decent pair of gloves will do the trick and prevent or reduce the problem. What are some good ones? I have around a $50 budget and don't want to go over that unless they're truly worth the cost.

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
My Jet Pilot gloves have a LOT of wear after just a few months of riding. They look cool, but the stitching is pulling out in a few spots, one of the rubber pieces is missing and the throttle finger is just about worn through. But I'll probably buy another pair when they wear out, they are comfortable.

baxt3r

BBQ
I don't wear my ring when I ride. The problem is where the scar tissue is on my hand. It runs from about 2" into my palm and up to just past the last knuckle. The hole keeps coming back right at the base of the finger, where the skin creases when you ball your hand up.

I have always used jetpilot gloves and just ordered a new pair

mechanix would probably work too, but no warming properties, the JP offer a little warmth at least

My slippery gloves tore within the first 10 minutes of riding. The velcro strap that keeps them tight completely fell off. If you buy slippery, I'd say try the ones with no strap. If you really need protection buy a set of water skiing gloves, the ones I've seen at local shops look like they'd offer a ton of protection. I've heard great things about the mechanix gloves too. Haven't tried them yet.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
My favorite are HO Tial 41's, but they are about $45 - $50 ish shipped. They wear awesome, but are a bit of a pain to get on in a hurry when you want to catch a big boat with your buds. But I have to say they will take great care of your hands. They are super tough gloves. I just picked up a $13 pair of Home Cheapo gloves to try out. Comfy, wrist strap, no insulation and may blow out in a weekend, but ya never know til ya try... Good luck!

waterski gloves... 'nuff said.

Nice wriststraps for wrist support and back of the palm cinch to keep extra tight when wet. Most are kevlar, etc and will get a couple seasons plus some out of them. Anywhere from $35 to $60 will get you a decent pair.

And when ordering/buying gloves that will be getting wet, they need to be too small when tried on dry or they stretch out too much when wet. You want a glove to fit like... get this... a glove.

I've been using paintball gloves. The gloves are cut off at the pointer finger and middle finger for the throttle and they have lots of padding and protection. They should be around $15-20.

waterski gloves... 'nuff said.

Nice wriststraps for wrist support and back of the palm cinch to keep extra tight when wet. Most are kevlar, etc and will get a couple seasons plus some out of them. Anywhere from $35 to $60 will get you a decent pair.

And when ordering/buying gloves that will be getting wet, they need to be too small when tried on dry or they stretch out too much when wet. You want a glove to fit like... get this... a glove.

Yep......Been riding for 20 years and switched a few years ago to waterski gloves. WAY better than any jet ski gloves out there. Can't remember my current brand.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'm currently using a pair of $20 Mechanic's gloves from O'Reilly (Says Snap-On on them).
They got silicon pads everywhere and are the best anti-slip gloves I've tried yet. Been using them for six weeks and they're holding up fine so far.

i've tried fox gloves, baseball gloves, jet pilot gloves and the all suck. and surprisingly the jet pilot was the worst. threads started to tear after 2 rides.

Top Bottom