Reinforcement for no foam?

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
Not a very accurate test, is it now? :biggrin:

When you sink it for real, those spaces will fill up with water.

It's not much water though - you could calculate roughly how much water would get in there and add a little weight to compensate and make the test more accurate. Or block it off and fill the motor with 2-stroke oil.

there was some talk on another thread that some guy used some fancy dancy 2 part foam that he said did NOT absorb water. I tried looking for it and couldnt find it, it wasnt too long ago too. Id rather run that stuff if his claims are right than poly closed cell foam.

I don't believe foam in absorbs water... I like Mcdog's glass mat into the foot holds. I used the cloth for my footholds on my old hull (not the woven stuff) and the woven stuff in the tray.

I'm just now learing about this biax cloth. I see in on UScomposites. I assume it is better than the Bondo woven cloth? The price seems right too. After reading this thread I'm going to do the nose reinforcement with foam in and use west systems/biax for the rest of my nose reinforcement.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Old school vid...I think from All My Crazy Friends Part I. Anyone who hasn't seen it, it is a classic film. Set the bar high for all other jetski filmers to follow. Fasttimesfilms. I think 1998???

Top Bottom